Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: Looking where to buy GFCF Foods  (Read 2012 times)

Jeanet Malaga

• View Profile
Looking where to buy GFCF Foods
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:40:31 pm »

Hi. My son is 2yrs 8mos now. Last month he was diagnosed with autism by still don't know the specific spectrum. I am working overseas and it is really breaking my heart thinking my son is not enjoying the normal activities of kids his age. At first I was so depressed and I almost quit my job here so I can take care of him but I actually don't have the capacity to do it because I am a single mother. From then on I keep on searching and reading on the treatments for his condition. I have even consider doing the stem cell treatment but after reading the procedure I don't want my son to go through that kind of invasive treatment. Then I came across about the GFCF Diet. I am now looking for a store where I can ask my mother to buy GFCF Products. My son is a picky eater that is why I cannot force him to stop the milk. I am also looking for DAN Doctor for further assessment and recommendation of proper supplements. I hope to hear from other Mommies.. Thank you so much for the help.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
Re: Looking where to buy GFCF Foods
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 11:04:44 am »

I feel for you mommy. Advise ko po, don't feel too sad lalo na sa sinabi niyo na "you think your son is not enjoying normal activities". Iba ang enjoyment ng batang may autism. We can make them happy una muna, by not feeling sorry for them. By coordinating or getting update from his therapist and Dev Ped, we and his caregivers will know how to treat him better and make him happy. Hindi porke (for example) masayang nakakapag basketball ang ibang bata at ang anak mo ay hindi makasali, doesn't mean kawawa siya. E kung hindi naman siya mahilig sa sports in the 1st place. We need to have a better understanding of their condition, then we'll all be happy.

About the GFCF, ask your Dev Ped muna if it's necessary. It's not advisable for all kids with ASD. Your Dev Ped and therapist can also give you list of stores and suppliers for GFCF products.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.