Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: ABA versus speech and OT whats your point of view  (Read 4989 times)

• View Profile
ABA versus speech and OT whats your point of view
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:22:06 pm »

ABA versus speech and OT whats your point of view?.. some devped are bias with ABA why do you think here in Phils. still not all Devped are into it?....
is it really usually only ideally for a kid diagnose with ASD how about a kid with just a learning disability or delays?

losyang

• View Profile
Re: ABA versus speech and OT whats your point of view
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:37:56 pm »

Hi,

since my post last 2012 on Special Education re  SPED tutorial vs ABA therapy

(http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,55148.msg868140.html#msg868140)   

I have come to realize that it shoudn't be ABA vs SPED or OT or ST. It should be ABA with SPED or OT or ST. For someone like me whose source of fund is limited, we have always had either ABA and OT or ABA and ST. We go to regular school and my son is doing well academically so, so far no need for SPED tutorial.

Right now, we have ABA and ST, so what I do is, ask the ABA peeps to make sure there are programs that would address the OT issues of my kid. That way, we don't totally neglect the OT part. (These programs would be based on the devped's report and the deficiencies we have observed from the kid of course.)  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:32:53 pm »

is it true ABA is advisable for smaller kids

MyAdie

• View Profile
ABA versus OT
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:07:23 am »

Hello. Anyone here whose child with ASD is currently undergoing or who has undergone ABA therapy? What are the advantages and benefits versus OT? Can we mix ABA with OT? TIA.

Mary Ann

• View Profile
Re: ABA versus OT
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 10:23:52 am »

I also want to know this one.

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 03:56:13 pm »

Same topics merged.
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.