Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Having a hard time breastfeeding! :(  (Read 6424 times)

RenaRemix

• View Profile
Having a hard time breastfeeding! :(
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:27:47 pm »

Basahin sa Smart Parenting:
Pressure ng Breastfeeding
Click HERE.

Hi mommies!

I'm new here, just wanted to have "karamay", Hahaha ;D

Well anyway, I gave birth to my very handsome baby boy on November last year. And I breastfed because it was more healthy for my baby, plus it's free!  ;) When I took him home, he was crying all day, wala talaga akong pahinga. Tuwing gising sya, iyak ng iyak. He also farted often. And I knew something was really wrong. I went to the hospital and the nurses told me I had flat nipples.  :-[ Kaya pala iyak ng iyak. Baby could latch but from time to time he would let go and cry. Being new to this, I really had no idea. And maybe the farts came from all the air he took in? Maybe?  ??? So I survived breastfeeding for 1 week. But the day came na, super sakit na talaga ng nipples ko, it was bleeding na. Huhuhu  :'( And my OB advised me to just pump my milk out. Super sakit at matigas na rin ng breasts ko nun.  :'(

And from there, I began pumping my milk and bottle feeding it to my baby. It's almost 4 months na doing this. Sometimes I was forced to buy a box of formula in the market because being stressed causes milk to like not come out? Poor me, poor baby  :'( But I still try as hard as I can just to give him the best breast milk as I could.

Two days ago, I was watching Youtube. I saw a video where-in a Mom with flat nipples like me breastfed her baby  :o She was using Nipple Shields! And I researched reviews about this, all I saw was five stars! So I thought this could be the key to my breastfeeding problems! I then ordered online, the best nipple shield there is! MEDELA!  Tried it on my baby, then guess what??? He wouldn't accept them  :( forcing me to pump.... Huhuhu. Sayang lang binili ko! Mahal pa naman  :(

BTW, I'm using a manual pump, that's why I'm having such a hard time. And I can't give him formula all the way cause the fact that breast milk is better for my baby, I also have no job and is relying on my mother for support. Basta, to cut it short, wala kaming pera. hahaha  ;D My boyfriend's family is also having a hard time themselves, baon sa utang!  :-\

Anyway, yan lang po. I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe because I wanted to share my experience? LOL  ;)

Also if there's anyone how wants to buy this Medela Nipple Shield, just tell me, used it only once. Promise!

Naka-relate ka ba? Mag post ng katanungan o payo dito
Reply to join this discussion.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:03:40 pm by Parentchat Admin »

Ria Sam

• View Profile
Re: Having a hard time breastfeeding! :(
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:17:42 pm »

just in case sis gusto mo parin mag BF,try dropping by happypinaymommy.com for breastfeeding resources like this: http://happypinaymommy.com/2014/04/10/15-breastfeeding-tips-for-new-moms/

haideemarquez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 06:26:42 pm »

Hmmmm...have you tried yung Nipple Puller? Parang may nabasa akong ganun eh although I haven't used or seen one. Pigeon yata brand nun. Ask mo na lang sa mga department stores infants section. Kawawa nga si baby. =( Pwede siguro mag express ka na nga lang milk.

Xandra Edmonds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 02:18:02 am »

... Hope the situation got better. If so, then please fill us in on what happened.  :) ... And for other moms having low breast milk problems, then check out this helpful website,, 

http://breastfeedingincreasemilk.com

It worked for me!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:49:10 am by Xandra Edmonds »