Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Author Topic: School for kids with dyslexia  (Read 6640 times)

mumchelle

• View Profile
School for kids with dyslexia
« on: July 12, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »

Basahin sa Smart Parenting:
Paano Malalaman Kung May Dyslexia Ang Anak Mo?
Click HERE.

Hello parents,

My 7 y/o is most likely dyslexic. She is currently seeing an OT for a month now and she has been seen by a devped lasy year.
i am afraid that her school won't grant the OT's recommendation for accommodation for my daughter.

is there a school for dyslexic children?
do you know any support group here in the philippines?

Thank you very much.

Naka-relate ka ba? Mag post ng katanungan o payo dito
Reply to join this discussion.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:07:26 pm by Parentchat Admin »
soORGANIC

• View Profile
Re: School for kids with dyslexia
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:04:09 am »

hi mommy i think the wordlab school in erodriguez quezon city caters to kids with dyslexia... but its quite expensive there i inquire before kasi they said they also accepting kids with other learning disability din daw but not low functioning asd..just the high functioning asd.. and they said the tuition is around 100 to as high as 200k a year  :o
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:05:47 am by darna88 »

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 10:07:55 am »

Have you considered getting or enrolling him in an after-school tutorial under a SPED teacher?
Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.

ELENA DELOS REYES

• View Profile
SCHOOL FOR DYSLEXIC
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 04:06:52 pm »

hi, any recommendations for school for dyslexics?  I have my daughter assessed by a developmental pedia but it was not yet confirmed if she has dyslexia.  We are still waiting for schedule of her neuropsychological test.  She is 7 years old and has difficulty in reading and writing.  I have her assessed at BrainRX and will start her session by summer.  But I'm looking for school near our area, Malate for next school year.  For now, she is enrolled in regular school, her grades are high except for English and Filipino.  She remembers most of her lessons but cannot write it down.  I also enrolled her at Kumon but decided to stop it because it does not help in her condition.   

Mommy Jazz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Jazer Basan for Smart Parenting
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 11:14:48 pm »

Sumali sa mga usaping pang magulang. Magtanong at magbigay ng payo dito sa Parent Chat.