Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Don't forget to check your email verification from info@smartparenting.com.ph

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: All About Your Baby's Toothbrush and Toothpaste Brand  (Read 166407 times)

.Pretty.In.Purple.

• Lucky And Blessed To Have A Wonderful Family
    • View Profile
Re: toothpaste for a 1yr. old baby
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:13 pm »

hihi... cute... ako din before nung less than a year pa baby ko cloth lang gamit ko kasi yun yung advise pedia niya... wag daw muna toothbrush dahil sa bristles... nakakagat din ako... hilig pa naman gigil ng baby ko... ending,,, tawanan nalang kami dalawa (kahit on my part medyo masakit  :P) so she enjoys cleaning her teeth...

lotentot

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2010, 11:02:32 pm »

Sansfluo strawberry for my 1-yr old boy. I bought Pigeon strawberry, ayaw ni bunso.

Minsan hingi si Ate Sansfluo, I let her use it. :)

ondi

• I know how to do anything because I am a mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2010, 11:51:59 pm »

since 8months old, yung Fingertip Toothbrush ng safety first ang gamit ko. now that he's one year old, mukhang kailangan ko na magpalit. sige, i'll also try oral B. yun hapee ang gamit namin for his toothpaste. should i change his toothpaste?

question: where do you brush your child's teeth? kasama nyo ba sya sa bathroom or sa sink? nako, mukhang bibili na din kami ng step stool ah  ??? pero pano yun, hindi ba malikot?

MotherG

• To find your way through life, follow Jesus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2010, 12:29:43 am »

Sansfluo strawberry flavor with fingertip toothbrush na!  around P90

chinadoll

• "I believe in the faith that grows..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2010, 04:43:21 am »

FIREFLY TOOTHBRUSH by DR. FRESH is now available Exclusively at Watsons and Beauty by SM Department Stores.

Float'N Firefly 42 MM Light Up Timer Toothbrush
Firefly light up technology teaches kids to brush their teeth for a minute.
•   This special Firefly toothbrush features bright glitters and one of three different Firefly
figure floating in the liquid.
•   Light up toothbrush comes with soft bristles.
Firefly timer toothbrush is the best selling kids toothbrush.

What kind of toothpaste should my child use?

Dentists recommend using only non-fluoride toothpaste for brushing up to the age of two. This is because young children tend to swallow toothpaste and swallowing too much fluoride can lead to tooth discoloration in permanent teeth. You only need to use a small pea size amount of toothpaste on the brush. After two, fluoride toothpaste can be used on your child’s teeth. Continue to use a pea size amount and teach them to spit out the toothpaste and rinse their mouth after brushing.

When should my child begin to floss?

As soon as you can see two teeth that touch, it is recommended to begin to floss your child’s teeth. This should be done once a day. When your child can floss on their own, they should continue to do so once a day between all teeth that touch.

What is the difference between baby teeth & permanent teeth?

Baby teeth, formally referred to as deciduous teeth are those that fall out. They appear in infants anywhere between six and ten months of age. Permanent teeth grow in after the baby teeth fall out. This process begins anywhere between five and seven years of age.

What are the different types of teeth in our mouth?

Teeth begin to form before birth and continue to do so throughout childhood. Each person has five different types of teeth: central incisor (front two upper and bottom teeth), lateral incisor (two teeth next to the upper and bottom front two teeth) canines (the pointy teeth) first molars (bottom and upper teeth in the back) and second molars (bottom and upper teeth located in the very back of your mouth). All of these various types of teeth look different from one another because they are designed to do different things.

What’s the best kind of brush to use?

A gentle brushing with a soft-bristle toothbrush is just as effective (and less damaging!) than a vigorous scrubbing with a stiff-bristle toothbrush.

How you can keep your teeth healthy?

Brush your teeth at least twice a day, once in the morning and right before you go to bed. Dentists recommend brushing your top and bottom teeth for a minute each. Replace the toothbrush every 3 months, or even sooner if it shows signs of wear. Never share toothbrushes between children.

How nutrition affects Oral health?

The foods that you eat come in contact with the germs and bacteria that live in the mouth. If you don't brush, plaque will accumulate on the teeth. Plague thrives on the starches and sugars that are found in a great deal of foods. When plaque combines with the sugars and starches, an acid is produced that attacks enamel on the teeth, and eventually causes decay.

sbgrn

• i love my ADY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2010, 10:24:45 pm »

My daughter used Earth's Best Toddler Toothpaste (Strawberry & Banana Flavor) :)

sexyvamp

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »

ayaw ng baby ko ng happee toothpaste, di pa sya marunong mag gargle, naiinom niya yung tubig. pag nalasahan na niya yung toothpaste ayaw na niya mag brush, minsan ako nag bbrush ng teeth niya pero minsan kasi naiyak sya kaya hinahayaan ko nalang muna na sya mag brush ng teeth niya without toothpaste para di sya madala or matrauma sa pag sisipilyo,

bukod sa regular toothbrush niya, meron pa syang extra toothbrush na sya mismo ang gumagamit, pagnakita na niya ko nag bbrush ng teeth ko, pinapakuha na niya yung sarili nyang toothbrush tapos gagayahin na niya ko. 

Loxii

• Blogger by day. Rockstar by night.
    • View Profile
brushing baby's teeth
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2011, 11:42:23 pm »

What brand of toothbrush and toothpaste do you use?  :o ;D
TIA.

Mommy France

• Lucky to be loved by 2 boys
    • View Profile
Re: brushing baby's teeth
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2011, 08:41:37 am »

Miggy's using FireFly toothbrush - the one that lights up for a minute. He's using colgate now that he's older but when he was smaller, it was a different toothpaste (pero di ko maalala) :(

http://www.greenmindedmom.com/2010/07/my-first-expo-mom-experience.html
I am not perfect but I try my best to make the most of what God gave me.
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

♥♥♥mommyangel♥♥♥

• HAPPINESS! :)
    • View Profile
    • The Who Mom
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2011, 08:52:35 am »

my daughter naman colgate toothbrush and toothpaste din colgate, yung bubble fruit/gum flavor ba yun, yung spongebob yung tube..  :D

Tiger Lily

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: All About Your Baby's Toothbrush and Toothpaste Brand
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2011, 09:17:11 am »

Same topic threads merged.
Simply follow the Rules and Guidelines, and for sure... you'll never go wrong  ;)

Loxii

• Blogger by day. Rockstar by night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2011, 10:10:13 am »

Miggy's using FireFly toothbrush - the one that lights up for a minute. He's using colgate now that he's older but when he was smaller, it was a different toothpaste (pero di ko maalala) :([/i]

Where did you buy this Firefly toothbrush? Sounds neat!

Mommy France

• Lucky to be loved by 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2011, 10:18:59 am »

Got it at Mom Expo. Pero available na rin siya sa Watson's. :) 100 lang bili ko nun sa Mom Expo. Hindi ko sure how much sa Watson's.
I am not perfect but I try my best to make the most of what God gave me.
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

kidsrepublik

• mommypreneur for hubby and baby
    • View Profile
    • Diapers and Clothes for Kiddos
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:24 am »

bakit kaya yung pedia dentist ng baby ko hindi nirerecommend ang Sansflou para kay baby?  :-\

- Mommy Jo -

• blessed and happy! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2011, 02:30:09 pm »

mommy france, i heard nga that FireFly toothbrush is nice. i also read it from ms. daphne's blog. sad to say the last time na nagpunta ako sa watson's wala sila stock. i really wanted one for Xian so he'll enjoy his "brush brush moment" he's still using Oral B stage 2 and SansFluo until now.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24