Parent Chat

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: learning how to read and write. When and how?  (Read 38493 times)

Mac.Rodriguez

• thegoodiesprojects@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • thegoodiesprojects
Re: Suggestions po on how to teach my toodlers to read and write..
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 09:17:28 pm »

my son is 3 1/2 years old now. he started reading at age 2. when he was younger, we didn't let him watch cartoons or if allowed, playhouse disney lang but a very short time only. we always let him watch the educational videos. after sometime, we started buying him stage 1 books. we read to him until one time habang nasa mall kami, i heard him speak a shop's name. then we knew he could already read. i'm very thankful to God that he has blessed my son the ability to read at an early age (maybe kasi nun nasa tummy ko siya, i let him listen mostly classical music and different kinds of music except rock).

i'm teaching him to write now by making personal tracing letters using materials from nbs, hoping that when he enters school next year, he will be able to write already. at the same time, i'm teaching him math by using pebbles para he can visualize rather using the flash cards.

develop his motor skills like getting 2 small bowls and fill one with rice grains. get a small spoon and let him transfer all the grain to the other bowl. if there are spills, let him use his fingers so that he can develop his finger muscles. another is getting a small pitcher, fill it with water and let him try to pour the water in a cup. this way, he can develop balance and his strength. these methods are usually part of the  lesson in Dra. Maria Montessori schools.

unrortunately, my son is too lazy to go to his potty yet he knows how to pee there but his pedia said, up to 5years of age pa yun allowance for potty training. so, i take my time to let him learn. i constantly remind him. patience lang din ang kailangan.

hope this helps :)

my_little_rhiana

• View Profile
My 4 year old son is in Kinder I but he doesnt know how to write yet!..
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 01:05:44 am »

Mommies,

Pleae help me naman sa attitude ng 4 year old son ko when it comes to writing and coloring..The other day kasi ay pinatawag ako ng teaher niya and she told me that my son is not participating in their school activities most espacially kapag writing subject na..I teach him also in our house pero ganun pa din,napapalo ko lang tuloy pag ayaw sumunod sa akin..Ano po ba ang dapat kong gawin?Hope you can help memommies..TIA

sweet&spice

• View Profile

sis, try this link to a thread --- http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/parentchat/index.php/topic,18352.msg286831.html#msg286831.

meron na dyan tips on how to help our kids to write. i have the same dilemma as yours. baby got accelerated from pre-nursery to kinder (skipped nursery), and now, while he can grasp the lessons, di naman sya magaling mag-write. it really becomes a chore for him. there are websites where we can download writing exercises. i-google mo na lang sis, and print them. have your child practice with them.
When happiness is at the horizon, seize it, call out to it. Claim and decide that it's yours!

mOmielle

• View Profile
Re: My 4 year old son is in Kinder I but he doesnt know how to write yet!..
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 12:26:38 pm »

Early exposure to writing materials really help. Especially when the kid starts to grip things with their hands. As early as my son could hold things i let him scribble away. As early as 2.5 nakakapagsulat na siya. At 3 nakakapag graphics na siya lettering and other stuff.

my_little_rhiana

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 01:10:29 pm »

Nakakapagsulat na siya ng konti pero there are times na ayaw niya at madaming alibi...haaayy...hirap talaga..  :(

melciousgab27

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 10:32:22 pm »

that's true. my daughter, even at a very young age, loves to write and play with colors. 1 year and 6mos pa lang kasi siya, marunong na humawak ng ballpen. we bought her crayons and she love them. siguro if u will give your child something fun to write or color with, he'll learn to appreciate writing and coloring. why not try giving him coloring books of his fave characters? i know a site that could give you several coloring pages of Disney characters for free. yan, no need to buy pa. just download and print.

here's the link : http://disneycoloringbook.blogspot.com/

basta, don' t pressure him. bata pa naman. just give him time and help him appreciate. kasi the more na ipilit mo, lao lang siya aayaw.  :)

mumzeth

• See GOD bigger than yourself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03:23 pm »

yung pinsan ko 4 years old nursery.. hindi siya marunong magsulat at magcolor pero binibigyan namin sya ng activities halimbawa magtrace ng letters..
everytime na maganda or matapos ang gawa niya may prize sya sakin..  :)

tapos pag ayaw niya di sya pinipilit.. pag nasa mood na sya don lang ulit kasi tayo ngang malalaki na ayaw ng pinipilit tayo syempre ganun din yung bata hindi nila maeenjoy kapag pilit. :)
Read John 3:16 but replace the blanks with your name..

"For GOD so loved _______ that he gave his one and only Son, so that if ________ believes in him, _______ will not perish but have eternal life."

just wanna share how much GOD loves us.. :)

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »

find out what your kids loves then find ways to encourage him to write.

for instance, my daughter likes disney princess, i bought her writing and activity books that have the disney princess on it.
mariann[move]

chinadoll

• "I believe in the faith that grows..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »

try this recommended site by Mommyjazz: http://www.do2learn.com/

LLLA

• ♥♥♥cRazYwoRkiNgMoM♥♥♥
    • View Profile
    • lizloveslexidigiscrapbookplace
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 06:57:32 am »

hay yung daughter ko naman, nagsusulat na pero super tamad, yesterday the teacher talked to my helper to let me know na ayaw magsulat ang daughter ko...nakaka-frustrate. I spoke with my daughter about it kaso siyempre she does not seem to understand the importance of writing yet... Hays... :'(
♥♥♥ I just love my kids! ♥♥♥

MommyMichell

• Love my smart kids!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »

sis pa-trace trace na lang muna since 4 years old pa lang naman baby mo, for example gawa ka ng dotted lines ng name niya or ng alphabet tapos pa-trace mo sa kanya, isipin na lang natin tayo ba marunong na magsulat agad nung 4 years old tayo? mahirap pine-pressure, as a mom minsan ganyan ako dahil gusto ko maging achievers kids ko sino ba naman parent ang gustong kulelat kids sa school di ba, parehong kids ko nag start ng school na no read no write pero nakapick up naman agad, tyagaan lang din sis pero pag umiinit na ulo mo, take a break mga 15 mins tas resume uli sa pagstudy, good luck sis! kaya nyo ni baby yan
Thanks to all the moms here for sharing!

LLLA

• ♥♥♥cRazYwoRkiNgMoM♥♥♥
    • View Profile
    • lizloveslexidigiscrapbookplace
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 01:35:06 pm »

hay grabe, stressed ako kahapon kasi Lowest grade ng daughter ko is writing...  :'(
She could have been in the TOP 3 kung mataas grade sa writing niya.. ... hays!
♥♥♥ I just love my kids! ♥♥♥

mommy irene

• A loving wife and mom ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 05:20:09 pm »

my niece din ganyan.. actually 5 years old na siya - kinder na din.. pagdating sa sulat ng names at homework niya, kinakatamaran.. but when it comes to coloring, magaling siya.. madalas siya napapalo kasi yung notebook niya, halos walang sulat to think na halos pa end na ng school year.. then pag nagsusulat naman, hindi naman sunod sunod - i mean, may sulat sa 1st page then ang kasunod na nun mga 3rd or 4th page hindi pa tapos.. hirap siya talaga sa writing..   :( naawa nga ako kasi madalas siya pagalitan ng kapatid ko at mama ko, ang sabi ko na lang hindi talaga mapipilit ang bata.. sabi ko kung ganun pa din siya, hayaan na lang muna enjoyin niya yung kinder years niya, ulit na lang siya next year.. sinaway ko nga ang mama ko kasi nga, siguro na frustrate kasi exam week, nasabihan niya, "isulat mo, bobo ako".. pinagalitan ko talaga, sabi ko walang bobo, hayaan niyo lang siya.. kung sa tingin niyo na hindi pa kaya, ulit na lang next year..

i wonder pano pag ang baby ko naman.. tsk tsk.. ngayon kasi, more on reading kami ni baby (1 y/o & 2mos), i let him glance his books, see pictures.. para maging familiar siya sa books.. maybe around 2 or 3 y/o, pahawakin ko na din siya ng pencil/paper & crayons..

Mommy France

• Lucky to be loved by 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 05:36:50 pm »

My son likes to do scribles. Writing the alphabet is not yet included in our learning sessions.
Di pa naman kasi siya nag-aaral.

Nakikita ko yung kagustuhan niyang magsulat kasi nakikita niya ako na nagsusulat.
Kapag nag-co-costing kami sa bahay, gagaya saken yun at kukunin niya yung materials.

Siguro wag na lang pilitin. Let them find their own pace.
If I remember it correctly, I started writing at 6 kasi 6 ako nag-start mag-aral ng Kinder.
I am not perfect but I try my best to make the most of what God gave me.
Bad things may happen to me, but I will always come out of it with my head up high. Why? Because I know that I did the things I can control the right way. And the things I can't control, I leave it up to God's will.

♥maarte♥

• ♥scarletbeauty♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 06:39:37 pm »

exciting stuff may help your child's interest in writing.  marami nang cool writing materials ngayon sa mga mall.

@Mommy France - 6 ka rin nag start magsulat? hehe same here... nuknukan ako ng tamad pag pencil lang or ballpen ang pinahawak sa kin.  pero kapag crayons, natataranta ako sa pagdo-drawing, parang walang bukas!  ;D siguro kasi i find it boring kapag hindi colorful yung nagagawa ko.

@my_little_rhiana - baka nakakaramdam na si baby mo na pine-pressure mo sya.  kaya pagdating sa school, stress na sya kapag writing activity na.  you can encourage him to write kapag nakita nyang "it's fun pala to write".  Sa daughter ko kasi, meron kaming kwentuhan kapag wrting lessons na... yung mga story book niya, minsan, dino-drawing ko yung mga characters, tas pag nakita niya kung sino yun, sya mismo ang tumatapos sa sentence ko.  pag tama yung pag identify niya, i let her write the name of the character on her pad.  kahit minsan, scrible lang, at least alam niya yung process namin.  Matrabaho at eefort ka talaga, pero i got to do it kasi para sa kanya yun.   Tiyaga lang ng konti sis, malay mo, someday, he'll love writing.
"love dies when the tongue starts to lie, when the ♥ begins to bleed and the soul pleads for silence."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7