Parent Chat

Advanced search  

News:

Answer the Smart Parenting 2020 Reader Survey for a chance to win exciting prizes like overnight stay at Pico de Loro, car seats from Baby Company, Gymboree membership and more. Click this link to answer the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPReadersSurvey2020PCF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Calendar-based Methods  (Read 417761 times)

mommykay

• View Profile
Re: Calendar-based Methods
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 02:04:47 pm »

@ yhamslove - no problem po.  :)

mom2trix

• My little princess Trixie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 01:21:06 pm »

mga sis may stupid question lang me here.. once ba nagkaroon ka na ng mens ibig sabihin nun walang nabuo during those fertile periods? so start na uli ng bagong cycle? eh dati kasi nung nabuo si baby jul 2 ang last mens ko then nung aug 14 na hindi pa 'ko nagkakaroon, positive na yung PT ko. sa ultrasound sabi 6 wks na daw si baby? so pag nag back track ako, buo na si baby sa last mens ko palang.. naguguluhan ako bakit ganun sis? so ang nasa isip ko ngayon hindi porke't nagkaroon ka last month eh hindi ka na buntis..am right or ginugulo ko lang mga sis?! :-\

mommykay

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 02:02:36 pm »

@ mom2trix - sis s pagkakaalam ko they start counting age ng baby s tummy s base last menstural period (LMP) not necessarily nun time siya nabuo po.

Hindi kasi madaling malaman if when talga nabuo si baby even if you keep record of your making loves kasi as they say sperms can live up to 3 days sa loob natin. pedeng you make love nung wed pero nabuo siya either wed, thurs or friday he he he

mom2trix

• My little princess Trixie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 08:54:27 pm »

mommykay: so ibig bang sabihin once na nagkaroon ka na ng mens ibig sabihin nun walang nabuo during those fertile periods? so start na uli ng bagong cycle? ;)

mommykay

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 07:32:40 am »

mommykay: so ibig bang sabihin once na nagkaroon ka na ng mens ibig sabihin nun walang nabuo during those fertile periods? so start na uli ng bagong cycle? ;)

As they say po if regular period mo you can really assume n wala talagang nabuo unless 2 eggs ang nilabas mo (ito daw po ang nangwawari kaya fraternal twins) at nafertilize ang isa which i think is quit rare naman. :)

J0

• Choose life! Contraceptives kill babies and women!
    • View Profile
    • Parenting, Education, Travel, Safety, Photography and Emergency/Disaster Preparedness
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 02:08:44 pm »

The Calendar Method is no longer considered as a Family Planning Method.

Each woman has a different fertility cycle that should be observed...so one could not simply get a calendar, mark the days there and estimate when it is safe.

A modern but simple way of determining if one can get pregnant is the 2-day Method:

Have you observed having a mucus secretion today or yesterday? If yes, then you can get pregnant.  If no, then you won't.

What's with the mucus? 

FYI, the vagina is a very hostile environment for sperms.  The acid there kills them immediately.  The Cervical Mucus (CM), particularly the slippery type (not the lubrication ha)...protects the sperms as they swim and race to find the egg (or wait for it if they get inside 2-4 days early).  When the mucus is of the sticky type then it's also not possible to get pregnant...but hey, it would be much safer to treat all mucus secretions the same...unsafe.

Wouldn't it be cheesy if a wife and a husband observe fertility together?  Sweet di ba? Very intimate.

A woman's body undergoes a Fertility Cycle.  Her body prepares to conceive life.  Blood will collect at the walls of her womb. When the time is right, she will secrete mucus to "fetch" the sperms once they are deposited at the opening of her cervix.  She will then release an egg, which will then travel to a follopian tube and reach the womb. 

If there are no sperms to fertilize the egg, the wall of blood will rupture and come out of the body as monthly period or mensturation.  The unfertilized egg will leave the body through this flowing of blood.

If the sperms arrive, she (the egg) will only choose one from several milions.  Once fertilized, conception occurs and a new life, a baby has been created.

The fertilized egg will bury itself on the blood that has now thickly lined the walls of the womb.  The blood will nourish the egg.  The monthly period will not occur.  This baby will grow until it's time to leave the womb. 

When the baby is born and breastfeeds, the body will continue to nuture the new life.  Breastfeeding will signal the brain to continue to be in nurturing mode...so the fertility cycle will remain suspended and monthly period will not yet return (Lactational Ammenhorrea Method, LAM).

What if contraceptives, like pills, are used?  The chemical on the pills would have dried up the blood on the walls of the womb.  The fertilized egg, the new life, will not be able to implant on the womb and leaves the body - abortion will occur.

For more detailed Natural Family Planning Variations, please search the web for:
- Basal Body Temperature Method (BBT)
- Billings/Mucus/Ovulation Method (OM)
- Sympto-Thermal Method (STM)
- Standard Days Method
- 2-Day Method
- Lactational Ammenhorrea Method (LAM)

Pills, IUD and other contraceptives kill our babies! They're useless and those who sell them only profit from keeping us uninformed about human fertility.

I apologize that I don't have time to provide links.  I just wrote all of the above on the fly.  Maybe I can get back to this later to update it.

Cheers,

- Daddy Jojo

Natural Family Planning is 100% effective!

Proof:
The Effectiveness Of Natural Family Planning. The Los Angeles Study 100% Method Effectiveness http://ccli.org/nfp/basics/effectiveness-p02.php <-- I agree we dont need this HR Bill 5043, Kill the Bill!

The Los Angeles Study
100% Method Effectiveness

Between 1976 and 1978, the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare conducted a prospective study to determine the relative user effectiveness of two different systems of Natural Family Planning.1 Participants were randomly assigned to either the Sympto-Thermal Method (STM) or Ovulation Method (OM) sides of the study. However, they were first screened to eliminate any couples who had a serious health, economic, or social reason to avoid pregnancy. The resulting group of 1257 couples had an average age of 28 and had only one child per family.

In the STM side of the Los Angeles study, couples determined the end of Phase I by using a calculation based on the woman's previous cycle history (short cycle minus 21 equals the last day of Phase I) and cross-checked that with the continued absence of mucus. They determined the start of Phase III by cross-checking three days of well elevated temperatures with four days of the disappearance of the cervical mucus which characterizes the fertile time.

The couples who followed these simple rules achieved a 100% effectiveness rate in avoiding pregnancy, i.e., zero unplanned pregnancies. (The couples who used the OM rules had 5.67 unplanned pregnancies per 100 woman years of exposure, i.e., about a 94% method effectiveness rate. Better OM results were achieved in a five nation World Health Organization study: a standard Pearl rate of 2.6; i.e. a 97.4% effectiveness rate.)2

A 100% effectiveness rate cannot be sustained in a large population and thus claims made for the STM state "99% method effectiveness."

The Fairfield Study
99% Method Effectiveness

Between 1970 and 1972, 1022 couples participated in a five nation (Canada, Colombia, France, Mauritius, U.S.A.) study called the Fairfield Study after the university of the principal investigator.3 The calculation used to determine the end of Phase I (short cycle minus 19 or 20) was more liberal than that used in the later Los Angeles Study; a three day temperature-only rule was used to determine the start of Phase III without cross-checking for the disappearance of cervical mucus. The couples who followed these more liberal rules achieved a method effectiveness rate of 99% according to the Pearl formula (9 unplanned pregnancies in 14,416 months of exposure).

The Roetzer Studies
99% and 100% Method Effectiveness

Dr. Roetzer has distinguished between the method effectiveness of Phase I and Phase II according to his rules.4 In his 1978 study, he reported that coitus during the first six days of the fertility/menstrual cycle yielded one pregnancy in 8,532 cycles, a Pearl rate of less than 0.2 per 100 woman years of exposure, i.e., well within a 99% effectiveness. Using a combination of three days of well elevated temperatures cross-checked by three days of the disappearance of more fertile mucus to determine the start of Phase III, couples experienced zero unplanned pregnancies in 17,000 cycles, i.e. a 100% method effectiveness rate.

The Doring Temperature-Only Study
99% and 100% Method Effectiveness

Dr. Gerhardt K. Doring tested the only pure temperature-only system reported in the literature--using a temperature based calculation for determining the end of Phase I as well as the start of Phase III.5 With the formula "earliest day (in previous cycles) of thermal shift minus 7 yields the last day of Phase I," there were 13 unplanned pregnancies among 37,035 cycles, a Pearl rate of 0.42 per 100 woman years, well within the 99% level of effectiveness. Among 307 couples using a three day very strong thermal shift pattern for the start of Phase III and confining intercourse only to Phase III, there were zero unplanned pregnancies in 11,352 cycles, another 100% method effectiveness rate with a limited population.

The Vincent Study
99% Method Effectiveness

Similar results were achieved in a French study published in 1967.6 Couples in this study had intercourse only in Phase III as determined by a rule similar to that of Dr. Doring., There was one unplanned pregnancy in 17,500 cycles yielding a Pearl rate of 0.07 per 100 woman years of exposure, well within the 99% level of effectiveness.

Conclusion 1. Studies conducted in Canada, Colombia, France, Germany, Mauritius and the United States have demonstrated a 99% method effectiveness for the Sympto-Thermal and Temperature-Only Methods. These studies were conducted under a variety of conditions and demonstrate beyond any reasonable question of a doubt that this extremely high effectiveness can be achieved by ordinary couples who receive adequate instruction and follow the relatively simple rules of these methods.

Read next  http://ccli.org/nfp/basics/effectiveness-p03.php

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:14:26 pm by Daddy Jojo »

bawalangpork

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 10:55:12 am »

calendar method+withdrawal, very effective, kaya lang nung valentines day sabay ng celebration ng pagkapasa ni gf sa board, nagkalasingan, nakalimutan niya fertile siya, yun nabuo si baby, 3 weeks na siya ngayon  ;D

mariann

• enjoying motherhood to micah and iza
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 12:28:41 pm »

we've been using this method for years. very effective as long as your partner (specifically your man) cooperates.
mariann[move]

iyah_82

• working mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 02:12:56 pm »

paturo sana ako pano yung calendar method? kasi gusto ko itry kahit nagyong dec lang since punta ako davao e maiwan hubby ko, yung baby ko nauna na sa davao. masiyado kasi mahal diane35 kung bibili ako ngayong buwan eh hindi naman kami mag ccontact ni hubby ko. bale first day ko ngayon. kelan ba yung safe and unsafe?

mamiof2

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 02:24:34 pm »

sa kin kasi safe period kung:

1.  consider your 1st day of period is day 1.
2.  period will last for 4-5 days maximum.
3.  5th hanggang 7th day safe po yun.
4.  yung pang 8th-10th day di na safe.

yan po ang tawag sa 10 days period.

yung ibang nabuntis using this method, nag do kasi sila even on the 9th and 10th day.  Hindi na kasi masyadong safe yun.

iyah_82

• working mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 05:09:47 pm »

sis mamiof2 you mean hindi na ako safe sa dec 14? since first day ko ngayon dec 7? dec 14 to kelan unsafe ako? flight ko kasi dec 19. wawa naman si hubby diba kung dko pag bbigyan to think matagal pa next year pa balik ko dito manila

mamiof2

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 09:10:09 am »

hi sis iyah..para sa kin di na masyadong safe on dec 14 kasi pang 8th day mo na yun.  But still you can go for it kaya lang minsan kasi mahirap baka ma-tsambahan kayo ni hubby hehe

iyah_82

• working mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2009, 02:00:05 pm »

thanks mommy mamiof2. Nag usap kami ni hubby kagabi ayaw niya ng calendar method takot since siya dapat mag control e yaw niya  ;D . bahala na daw mahal yung pills basta siguro safe naman

yhamsloveŽ

• I'm a Certified SP (Sisterly-Packaged) Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 01:02:17 pm »

lagi akong nagtatanong kung paano gawin pero i (we pala!) never tried this method.. natatakot kase ako..

so that means, i had my period on January 9 (Saturday), even if we DO it on January 13, 14 & 15 i won't get pregnant?

promise?  ???
yhamslove  

babybubot

• My Gab.. my life.. my everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 01:09:30 pm »

lagi akong nagtatanong kung paano gawin pero i (we pala!) never tried this method.. natatakot kase ako..

so that means, i had my period on January 9 (Saturday), even if we DO it on January 13, 14 & 15 i won't get pregnant?

promise?  ???

sis ur fertile dates will fall on 17-26 kaya safe ka ng mga araw na sinabi mo. i been using this method for 2 years until i decided to get pregnant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21