- Getting Pregnant Alamin Ang Mga Dahilan Kung Bakit Dinudugo ang Buntis
- Toddler Nap Time Provides a Direct Benefit To Learning: 3 Tips To Implement It
- Preschooler 8 Cute And Comfortable Face Masks Your Kids Are Sure To Love (Buy Them Online!)
- News Sexual Predators Online Are Thriving: 'Nakakapanlumo Ang Mga Pages At Groups'
13 Tips for General Child Swimming SafetyRead on to find out how to keep baby safe from harm while swimming.by SmartParenting Staff .
- 1. Always check for a lifeguard on duty.2. Warm up and do simple stretching to avoid muscle cramps while swimming.3. If a parent needs to be away from the water even for just a few minutes, he or she should assign “swim buddies” for the kids. This way, kids will have someone to holler for help at the first sign of danger. Don’t let kids chew gum or eat while swimming. Anything put inside the mouth might obstruct the airway.4. Night swimming is not advisable for very young kids. Take your kids for frequent bathroom breaks while swimming and teach them to never swallow the water.5. Always have age-appropriate floatation devices for each of your kids.6. Don’t let children swim or dive without ensuring that the depth is safe enough for your child.7. Do not solely rely on an inflatable toy as a lifesaver.8. To prevent ear infections, dry the infant’s or child’s ears carefully after he or she has stayed in the water for more than 30 minutes.9. If an infant is shivering or her lips are turning blue, remove the baby immediately from the water, pat her dry, and keep her wrapped in a towel to avoid hypothermia.10. After swimming, wash your children with mild soap and shampoo to remove pool chemicals or potentially harmful microorganisms from the ocean.11. Give your child an extra layer of defense against drowning and water accidents by enrolling him or her in swimming lessons. Younger kids can also be taught survival swimming, which is especially important for families who have pools at home.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network