- Baby How to Talk to Your Baby (0 to 2 Years): An Expert's Guide
- Real Parenting 'My Child Does't Need A Sibling': Pinoy Parents Share Their Choice To Have One Child
- Love & Relationships A Mom Confesses: 'I've Fallen Out Of Love With My Husband. We Live Like We're Siblings'
- Health & Nutrition Ano Ang Duphaston At Bakit Ito Nirereseta Sa Buntis?
Baby Milestone Markers: 1-2 MonthsKeep track of your 1-2-month-old baby's developmental milestones!
- Physical Development
- Reflexes begin to disappear, actions are more voluntary
- Holds chin up, lifts head momentarily, and turns it from side to side
- Eyes can work together to move and focus on an object, and can follow moving objects to a 180-degree turn.
- Stays awake longer
- Needs only around 10 hours of sleep, but sleeps for longer periods of time
- May start experimenting with limbs by stretching fingers and toes
- May bat at objects; attempts holding and grabbing
- Cycles arms and legs smoothly
Cognitive and Mental Development
- Stares vaguely at surroundings
- Memory for objects grows; becomes excited in anticipation of objects
- Has a strong preference for primary colors
- Studies movement of her own hands
- Interested in sounds
- Can discriminate among voices, people, tastes, and size of objects
- Distinguishes mother’s voice from a group of others
- Repeats actions for the sake of it
Social and Emotional Development
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Soothes self by sucking on fingers or pacifier
- Quiets when held or when she sees faces or sees voices
- Prefers watching a person than an object
- Responds with excitement to a person’s presence
- Stays awake longer when interacting with someone
Trending in Summit Network