- News Get A Chance To Win P100,000 By Sharing Your Smart Parenting Story!
- Real Parenting Aga Muhlach on Twins: 'I Was a Strict Dad...Namamalo Ako'
- Fitness & Nutrition 61 Lbs Ang Nabawas Sa Timbang Ni Stef Prescott Sa Loob Ng 1 Taon Ng Pandemic
- Home Unli Babad! Family Builds Foldable, 3-Feet Pool In Their Garden For P10,000
Develop Baby’s Imagination during PlaytimeCultivate your toddler’s skills with these fun playtime tips.
At the Active Baby Stage (9 -18 months), movement is actually one of the best ways your child can learn about himself and the world around him.
Today’s fun Playtime Tip is the Puppet Play!
Puppets are among the most special toys in a child’s life, because they seem to come to life in an almost magical way. Give your toddler something to laugh about and learn from through a live puppet show.
You can bus some inexpensive puppets, or make your own with colorful felt-top pens, old socks, taped-on horns and ears, and sewn-on yarn mops for hair. Make an improvised stage by draping a blanket over the backrest of a chair or sofa. Use one puppet for each hand, so your two characters can interact with each other as well as with your little one. Try changing your voice for each of the puppets.
Sing songs, and have your toddler sing along. Make the puppet ask him questions about things like his/her toys, home, favorite colors, and mommy and daddy. You can even ask him/her to touch parts of the puppets, like the nose, ears, eyes, etc.
Skills: Imagination, language development, social skills.
• Dr. Masi, W.S (2004). Gymboree Toddler Play: 100 fun-filled activities for you & your toddler to enjoy. California. Weldon Owen Inc.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Brought to you by
Trending in Summit Network