- News Mahal Na Araw 2020: Paano Ang Paggunita Ng Semana Santa Sa Gitna Ng COVID-19?
- Toddler 5 Clear Signs Your Child Is Not Coping Well With Community Quarantine
- News May Free Online Courses Ang TESDA! Take Advantage Habang Quarantine
- Inspiration Daughter Pays Tribute To Physician Dad Who Lost The Battle To COVID-19: 'He's My Hero'
First Aid Measures for Baby FallsWhen your baby is starting to creep, crawl, and make initial attempts to stand on her own, she risks having a fall. Though babies’ bones are pliable and not really susceptible to fractures, a fall from 3 feet or higher may be harmful.
- <>What to do in case of a fall:
Observe the following in the next 48 hours:
- Assess baby from head to toe.
- If a cracking or snapping sound accompanied the fall, check for open fractures or joints that are protruding or obviously out of place.
- Ascertain the extent of the injury.
- Is the baby conscious? Sometimes it may be better if the baby cries; this is an indication that the fall was not serious enough to knock her unconscious.
- Feel the baby’s entire body for any bumps. Check for bruises and bleeding.
- If there is a bruise, inspect the bruised area and see if it is tender or if the baby refuses to have it touched.
- Can the baby move her limbs? Babies’ movements are usually asymmetrical ones, i.e. they always move in tandem, so check if your baby can move only one part or side of her body.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Abnormal sleeping pattern
- Increased irritability. This may indicate that baby is still in pain.
- Seizures or convulsions and throwing up, in which case baby should be brought to the doctor immediately.
- If baby exhibits increased irritability 48 hours after a fall, she may be suffering from severe internal injury. Immediately call a doctor.
Do not solely rely on this as your sole source of CPR information. Set aside a day to take an infant and child CPR course. It’s one of the most important things you can do to protect your baby from harm.Photography by Jun Pinzon
Trending in Summit Network