- Preschooler Guide To Tuition Fees Of Blended Learning Schools In Metro Manila
- Labor & Childbirth Woman Goes To The E.R., Finds Out She's Pregnant...And About To Give Birth
- News 'Thanks For The Great Times': Fun Ranch, Jump Yard Close Its Doors For Good
- Health & Nutrition How To Treat Yeast Infection During Pregnancy (You Can Pass It To Your Newborn)
Helpful Prevention Tips to Avoid Baby ObesityLearn more about baby obesity and how a chubby baby may be cause for a parent’s concern.by SmartParenting Staff .
- Most people think that a chubby baby is the picture of health. As cute as she may be, excess fat will not benefit your little one as she grows older. In fact, chubby babies grow up being more susceptible to high cholesterol level, diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure.
To avoid obesity:
Feed only when needed. Babies who are fed for the wrong reasons such as when she’s hurt or unhappy may develop an eating disorder that will take on when she’s older. For example, when she’s sad or depressed, she may opt to eat instead of nursing her woes and crying it out.Give water instead of high calorie drinks. This helps satisfy baby who still want to suck after being fed. This will also promote drinking water when she gets older.Don’t give solids prematurely as a way to sleep through the night. It rarely works and may even be a cause of being overweight.Evaluate your baby’s diet. Only give what your baby need or what is appropriate amount discussed by your doctor.Exercise. As much as you can, go outdoors with your baby and encourage activity. Playing with your baby will benefit both you and your baby.WARNING:Don’t underfeed baby intentionally. This is very dangerous and may cause serious harm to your baby and her growth and development.On the other hand, if you suspect that your baby is thinner than he ought to be, consult with your pediatrician your concerns. Your baby may be underfed and your doctor may prescribe something for her to make her gain more pounds by increasing her calorie intake.CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended VideosADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network