- Preschooler How to Raise a Child Fluent in Filipino First: Tips From Teachers
- Love & Relationships Why Is My Wife Always Angry? Hubbies, 5 Reasons And How You Can Help Her Better Next Time
- Money 'Help! Hindi Ko Mapigil Ang Online Shopping Lalo Kapag Malungkot Ako'
- Love & Relationships Ang Ugali Na Madalas Dahilan Ng Pagkasira Ng Isang Relasyon
Mother’s Touch Proven Effective by Clinical Studies to Soothe Baby’s PainHow do fathers fare against mothers when it comes to soothing baby? This study compares the relief babies feel when held by mommy or daddy.
When the babies were held by their dads, the babies showed pain on a level of 8.5 and 8.6, 30 seconds and 1 minute after the procedure, respectively. When their mothers held them, the pain scale reading was at 1.4 to 1.5 points lower than incubator pain levels at 30 seconds and at 1 minute after the procedure. The researchers also took note of the babies’ level of pain one minute after the procedure and noted no difference for the pain score whether the mother or the father held the baby. Pain scores in an incubator were recorded at between 11 and 13 for the same procedure.
While mothers may be helping relieve their babies’ pain more than the fathers, the difference is very minute, and what’s more important is the discovery that skin-to-skin contact between parent and child significantly reduces the baby’s pain and/or discomfort.
• September 10, 2011. Cathy. “Mother’s Contact Better at Reducing Infant Pain According to Study” growingyourbaby.com
• “A Mother’s Touch gets more Appreciation from Babies than a Father’s Touch” healthdoctrine.com
Photo by atomicshark via flickr creative commonsADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWPREV 2 of 2
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network