- Your Kid’s Health Narito Ang Sintomas Ng COVID-19 Sa Bata At Ang Mga Dapat Alalahanin
- Inspiration Howie Severino Is PH2828: 'I Am One Of The Lucky Ones Who Lived To Tell The Tale'
- Your Health Social Amelioration Card: Paano Mag-Apply Ng Cash Aid Mula Sa Gobyerno
- Your Health Experts Say Wearing Gloves Inside Grocery Stores Gives 'False Sense Of Security'
Watch This 40-Second Video That Just Might Save Your Baby's LifeVideo teaches adults how to save a choking baby
Imagine this: Your baby accidentally swallowed a small object and is now choking. There’s no time to waste, he needs help now. Would you know what to do?
Among 4,000 parents surveyed by the St. John Ambulance in the U.K., 4 out of 5 parents wouldn’t know how to save a choking baby.
For this reason, St. John Ambulance, a first-aid training organization, created this 40-second animated video titled “The Chokables” to inform parents on what to do if such an emergency happens.
The video has over 3 million views and at least 36 babies have been saved simply because an adult spent 40 seconds watching this video.
“When my baby son Jax started choking it was an especially scary moment … I’d seen the St John Ambulance advert a few days earlier, so I flipped my son over on to my leg and after the third back slap I gave him, he coughed,” shared Becca Hensman, a British mom, with Huffington Post UK. “If I hadn’t seen that advert I’m not quite sure how I’d have reacted but, thankfully, I had so I knew what to do straight away.”
The video features small choking hazards that babies commonly choke on and teach parents the 3 simple steps to saving a choking baby’s life.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lay your baby face down on your thigh, and then give up to 5 back blows.
- If that doesn’t work turn them over and give them up to 5 chest thrusts until the airway is clear.
- And if that still doesn’t work call an ambulance.
St. John Ambulance has also released a free digital picture book featuring the same characters to teach parents and kids the same first aid technique. The book is titled “The Pen That Lost His Lid” and can be found at sja.org.uk/pen-lid.
Though not animated, these other first aid training videos also by St. John Ambulance are equally as important to watch.
How to do a primary survey on an unresponsive babyADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to hold an unconscious baby
How to perform CPR on a baby
Thumbnail image from mypositiveparenting.com
April 3, 2015. "This Incredible First-Aid Video Has Saved Over 30 Babies!". parents.com
March 31, 2015. "St John Ambulance 'Chokeables' Advert Starring David Walliams Prevents Deaths Of At Least 36 Babies". huffingtonpost.co.uk
Trending in Summit Network