Back-to-School Shopping Tips to Help You Save Money and TimeWatch this mom take on our 30-minute shopping challenge.CREATED WITH ROBINSONS DEPARTMENT STORE
As vacation season comes to a close and another academic year begins, expect everyone to be in a mad scramble to prepare for school. We're sure you'll agree: It can be overwhelming to shop for school supplies when the malls are packed with last-minute shoppers. The whole thing can be physically and financially exhausting, to say the least.
So what's a crazy-busy and budget-conscious parent to do? Ask Xaxa Alegre Hizon, a single mom of two. She runs her own advertising agency and runs races as a triathlete. When she accepted our shopping challenge at Robinsons Department Store, she decided to bring some teammates: her kids Gale and Diorgina.
Watch this trio do back-to-school shopping for two in just 30 minutes. Plus, check out their cool-for-school finds and Xaxa's shopping tips for her fellow moms.
Take a peek at Xaxa, Gale, and Diorgina's shopping basket:
- Trek backpacks, P699.75 each
- Barbie pouch (P299.75), lunch container (P149.75), and water bottle (P249.75)
- Omega water bottle, P262.31 (discounted price until June 30 only)
- Lunch container, P48.83 (discounted price until June 30 only)
- Mongol pencils, P21.75 per pack
- Sterling pencil case (P89.75) and notebooks (P25.75 each)
- Crayola crayons, P58.75 for a box of 24
- B+ Active sando for boys, P219.75 per set
- Guitar blouse (P214.75) and skirt (P349.75)
- Darlington socks (P220 per pack)
- Disney baby bra (P199.75) and panties (P249.75 per set)
- Star Wars briefs, P269.75 per pack
- G Company sando for girls, P219.75 per set
- Bella school shoes for girls, P399.75 per pair
- Hot Wheels school shoes for boys, P999.75 per pair
- Grizzly polo (P449.75) and shorts (P579.75)
Follow Robinsons Department Store on Facebook to get updates on deals and discounts.