At just three years old, Lilo Alipayo already knows what she'd like to be when she grows up.
"A champion," the little girl confidently replied to her surfer dad Philmar Alipayo's question, as shared by her actress mom Andi Eigenmann in Instagram reels highlighting Lilo's impressive surfing skills.
"Lilo has been enjoying surfing lessons with @chepoxz lately!," Andi said in her caption, tagging Philmar. "Watch till the end for Lilo's answer to Papa's question!"
The mom of three went on telling an anecdote about her middle child, "Before the video, Lilo just randomly went up to me and goes, 'Mom, I wanna be a champion like Papa.' The feelssss, the moment I figured out what she was telling me!"
Andi also said that aside from surfing, Lilo has started getting into gymnastics, and the little girl is literally have the hang of it, based on reels shared by the proud mama.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Why kids should get into sports
There are many benefits of sport participation for children, according to The Better Health Channel in Australia. These include:
1. Obesity can be avoided.
2. Cardiovascular fitness is increased.
3. There will be a healthy growth of bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
4. Coordination and balance are improved.
5. There's a greater ability to physically relax, thus avoiding the complications of chronic muscular tension, like headache or back ache.
6. The quality of sleep each night will improve.
7. Greater confidence, and other mental health benefits, can be attained.
8. Social skills will improve, whether it's about individual or team sports.
9. Personal skills, like cooperation and leadership, can be improved.
10. Getting into sports is a great way to reduce children's inactivity and usage of gadgets.
Read here for ways to help your child have a positive attitude in sports.