embed embed2
  • My 5-year-old daughter can't seem to follow basic instructions. Who can I consult about this?

    Here's how you can determine if your child has a speech or learning disorder.
    by SmartParenting Staff .
  • Your pediatrician can recommend you to a speech-language pathologist or a developmental pediatrician for an evaluation. If the results of the evaluation show that your child does have a difficulty, especially with speech, don’t panic. This means that your child’s development is delayed, but with the help of a professional, she can get the help she needs. The sooner the delay is identified, the better. That way, your child can start therapy sessions immediately.
    SOURCES:Landa Bautista, curriculum director, The Learning Center, Inc., Parañaque City

    Websites: speechdelay.com ; howkidsdevelop.com ; kidshealth. 

    Recommended Videos
View More Stories About
Trending in Summit Network
View more articles