- News Get A Chance To Win P100,000 By Sharing Your Smart Parenting Story!
- Toddler 8 Parenting Hacks Moms Loved in 2017 (Milk-sicles for the Win!)
- Your Health How To Prepare In Case Every Family Member Including YOU Get COVID-19
- Inspiration How This Pinay Teacher Landed A Job In U.S.: 'It Was Possible Because I Made It So'
Summer GoodbyesMake summer separation easier on your child with these fun ideas!by Ines Bautista-Yao .
No child wants to be separated from the friends he sees every day and has grown to treasure—even if it’s just for a few months. There are, however, a few things you can do to make it easier on your little one when it’s time for summer break.
1. Build up excitement about summer activities.
Former preschool teacher Anne Santos says to talk about what you have lined up for him. “Summer classes, trips to the beach, new friends, even sleeping in,” she suggests. Then make sure you follow through.
2. Explain what’s going to happen.
No need to make a big deal out of it, but clueing in your little one is always a good idea. “Just mention that he won’t see so-and-so for quite a while,” says Santos. Then you can distract him with a fun activity.
3. Make a friendship scrapbook.
An-Marie Villarin, managing director of the Terrific Tots Preschool Program of The Little Gym, says that this is a great idea for younger kids. “It can be done alone or together with a friend,” she says. “They can make identical scrapbooks or one for each other. Include photos, drawings, magazine cutouts, art work, or lyrics to their favorite songs.”ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos1 of 2 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network