- Money Pinay Mom Says This Work At Home Job Lets You Earn Up To P100K Monthly
- Inspiration Quality Bonding Time For This Family Means Making Face Shields For Frontliners
- Home Did You Know This Common Household Item Is (Almost) As Dirty As Your Toilet?
- Money Credit Card o Debit Card: Alin Ang Mas Magandang Pambayad?
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Vania Padilla-Edralin of IKEA Shop ManilaThis mompreneur brings a well-loved brand to Manila.
The Business Idea
As a young mom of three - Santino (3.5yrs), Ysabella (1.9yrs) and Giovanni (6 months) – Vania says she is always on the lookout for "good buys" for their home - meaning reasonably priced items that are durable. “I was familiar with the IKEA brand, and know that it is famous for being affordable, stylish and of good quality. I knew that other moms (and non-moms) like me would automatically love owning anything (and everything) IKEA,” she shares.
“I had met someone who was already importing IKEA items for her business (she is an architect), and so I broached the idea of me selling IKEA items online with her since she was shipping them in from Dubai already anyway. She loved the idea. We clicked and the rest, as they say, is history,“ Vania adds.
The Benefits of an Online Business
As a mompreneur, Vania shares the benefits of having an online store:
• “You can work and operate from the comforts of your home - this translates to still having time with your kids (and family) despite working.”
• “No overhead expenses when it comes to having a shop -- all you need are good photos and good descriptions of your items for sale.”
• “You can earn extra/ added income from something that you work on during your spare time.”
• “Your business is easily accessible, anytime and anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection.”
• “It has the potential to be anything you want it to be with just a click of a button.”
Business Tips from Vania
For the moms (or dads) out there who may be inclined to setting up their own online business, Vania would like to share the following words of wisdom:
• Find or sell a product that you believe in or that you would use and buy yourself. If you don't like your product, then don't expect others to like or buy it too.
• Be bold and creative. Marketing is important especially online. Use catchy words and phrases and have good photos.
Indeed, for this former magazine editor-turned-mompreneur, setting up her own online shop has definitely had its share of rewards – she gets to spend quality time with her loved ones and, at the same time, promote products that she truly believes in. After all, isn’t that what good businesses are all about? (Or at least, that’s what they should be about!)
For more information about IKEA Shop Manila, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also browse their products on Multiply or add Vania on Facebook.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Photos from the IKEA Shop Manila websitePREV 2 of 2
Viewing as ListLaunch Gallery
Trending in Summit Network