- Real Parenting Moms Can’t Help But React To Lara Quigaman’s Cold Coffee Story: ‘This Is Our Reality’
- Real Parenting Pinay Mom Shares How Her 8-Year-Old Suffered After She Used Gadgets as 'Secondary Yaya'
- Love & Relationships Why Is My Wife Always Angry? Hubbies, 5 Reasons And How You Can Help Her Better Next Time
- Preschooler How to Answer When Your 4-Year-Old Asks Where Do Babies Come From
Choosing Your Toddler’s Skin Lotions or Skin CreamsWith a lot of heat related health problems this summer, find out what’s the best kind of skin lotion or skin cream to keep your child hydrated.by Rachel Perez .
Your toddler’s skin is more sensitive so it is best to go natural when choosing your toddler’s skin care products. According to Ruby Panganiban, a registered chemical engineer, “Creams or lotions are a mix of oil and water. Creams are heavier or thicker in consistency than lotion because they contain more oil.” Here are the basic ingredients found in lotions and creams:
• Water: main ingredient; provides moisture
• Active Ingredient: depends on the function of the lotion; e.g. for delicate and dry skin, sweet almond oil has regenerating, restructuring, and hydrating properties and is rich in vitamins.
• Oil: to hold water on the skin the lotion or cream is applied to; e.g. white petroleum jelly provides a layer of oil on the surface of the skin to prevent water from evaporating quickly.
• Emulsifying Agent and Stabilizer: ensures that the mixture of oil and water do not separate (so you don’t have to shake the bottle every time you need to use it); e.g. stearate acid (derived from soy beans), beeswax, jojoba oil. Lotions can also contain preservatives, ph balancers (e.g. Sodium Hydroxide) to regulate ph balance of the skin, and thickeners (e.g. Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer) to improve consistency and smoothness of the lotion (e.g. Glycerol).
• Some products have add-ons like vitamins and fragrances. All these can improve the lotion or cream’s “feeling” on the skin, but none of them are necessary.
Check out common skin health problems:
Skin AsthmaADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from sxc.hu
Trending in Summit Network