- News Chariz Solomon On Milk Oversupply: 'Hindi Ko Alam Saan Hinuhugot Ng Katawan Ko Yang Gatas'
- Love & Relationships Binuhusan Ng Tubig Ang Pinakamatigas Ang Ulo Sa Garcia Siblings!
- Love & Relationships 'I Was Bitter, Defensive, Unreasonable': How Chesca Kramer's Faith Helped Her Marriage
- Your Kid’s Health Inamin Ni Chesca Garcia Napatanong Siya Ng 'Why Is This Child Taller Than Gavin?'
Chore Patrol: Age-Appropriate Household Chores for PreschoolersChild development contributor Rowena Matti takes us through age appropriate chores for toddlers up to preschoolers.by Rowena Juan-Matti .
Involving your preschooler in household chores can be a great way to teach him life skills . But what can your preschooler do? Check out our age-appropriate chart for tasks you can assign to your child and the skills that go one level up when he accomplishes each chore.
Ages 2 to 3
- Help make the bed
- Pack away toys and books
- Take laundry to the laundry room
- Help feed pets (except dogs)
- Help wipe up mess
- Dust with socks on his hands
- Understanding basic numerical concepts
- Learning the concept of before and after
- Determining shapes
- Being able to follow simple directions
Ages 4 to 5
- Clear and set the table
- Dust the room
- Help out in cooking and preparing food
- Carry and put away groceries
- Mop small areas
- Line up shoes by pair or place them back on the shoe rack
- Organization and classification
- Learning about ordinal numbers
- Determining patterns
- Understanding basic measurement
- Understanding quantities
- Understanding directions
Ages 6 to 8
- Take care of pets
- Vacuum and mop (with help)
- Take out trash
- Fold and put away laundry
- Prepare a simple schedule for the family or himself
- Grasping the concept of time and measurement
- Analytical skills
- Grouping and sorting
When you’ve figured out what tasks to assign to your child, consider ways of introducing the concept of household chores to him.
â— Bernadette Benitez, M.D., section chief, Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Asian Hospital and Medical Center, Muntinlupa; associate active staff, Department of Pediatrics, Makati Medical Center
â— Maricar Gustillo-De Ocampo, Ph.D., education consultant and faculty member, Assumption College, Makati
â— Funtastic Mathematics by Galileo Enrichment Learning Program, 2008ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network