- Preschooler How To Find A Toy That Your Child Will Enjoy For Years
- Preschooler Gaya-Gaya Sa Kaklase? Teach Your Child To Handle Peer Pressure Well
- Food Where To Buy Christmas Ham For Noche Buena, Starting At P500
- Your Kid’s Health 5 Essential Oils That Are Great To Use On Kids (With Proper Dilution, Of Course)
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Occupational Therapy Association of the Philippines to Hold Annual ConventionLearn from experts on how to help facilitate your child’s participation in school at the Annual Convention of the Occupational Therapy Association of the Philippines this March 5 and 6.
For parents of kids entering kindergarten or preschool, getting them adjusted to the life of a student and being away from home can be a rather challenging experience. This is true all the more for parents of children diagnosed with disabilities.
Fortunately, there are avenues whereby parents could seek expert advice on how to help integrate their children to society; for instance, the Occupational Therapy Association of the Philippines, an organization in existence since 1965, which will conduct their 2011 Annual Convention on March 5 and 6 at the Pearl Manila Hotel, Ermita, Manila.
Expert speakers will discuss the following topics:
• Successful transition into school
• Rights and privileges of children with their families (Magna Carta for Persons with Disabilities)
• How to integrate children with disabilities to society
• How siblings can help
• Challenges associated with adopting a gluten-free and casein-free diet
• Aquatherapy in school
• Ergonomics in school
• ADHD and school
Registration fee for early birds (on or before February 23) and rates on-site are as follow :
Student Member Php 1,600 / Php 2000
Lifetime Member Php 1,900 / Php 2,300
Regular/Graduate/ Technician Member Php 2000 / Php 2400
Non-Member Php 2,500 / Php 2,800
Foreign Delegate US$ 60 / US$ 75
For inquiries, contact:
• Elsinore Uy (Quality Life Discoveries, Q.C.) at (02)912-7433 or mobile number at 0922-889-2119
• Ivan Gomez (University of Santo Tomas, Manila) at mobile 0917-209-2934
• Hayzle Sia, Anthony Grecia or Dwight Ivan Bautista (GOALS-Caloocan, Alabang, Bonifacio Global City) at (02)771-1189, (02)362-5981 or (02)659-0185
• Lui Acuna (Life Skills Therapy Center, Tarlac) at mobile number 0922-858-2896
You may also check the Autism Society blog for more details.
Photography by Jake VersozaADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW