- Real Parenting Who Deserves To Win P100,000? Vote For Your Favorite My Smart Parenting Story!
- Toddler How to Avoid Raising a Child Who Still Relies on You When He's 30
- Health & Nutrition Bawal Nga Bang Kumain ng Talong ang Buntis?
- News Alice Dixson Introduces Daughter Aura: 'Am I Going To Be A Good Mom?'
Occupational Therapy Association of the Philippines to Hold Annual ConventionLearn from experts on how to help facilitate your child’s participation in school at the Annual Convention of the Occupational Therapy Association of the Philippines this March 5 and 6.
For parents of kids entering kindergarten or preschool, getting them adjusted to the life of a student and being away from home can be a rather challenging experience. This is true all the more for parents of children diagnosed with disabilities.
Fortunately, there are avenues whereby parents could seek expert advice on how to help integrate their children to society; for instance, the Occupational Therapy Association of the Philippines, an organization in existence since 1965, which will conduct their 2011 Annual Convention on March 5 and 6 at the Pearl Manila Hotel, Ermita, Manila.
Expert speakers will discuss the following topics:
• Successful transition into school
• Rights and privileges of children with their families (Magna Carta for Persons with Disabilities)
• How to integrate children with disabilities to society
• How siblings can help
• Challenges associated with adopting a gluten-free and casein-free diet
• Aquatherapy in school
• Ergonomics in school
• ADHD and school
Registration fee for early birds (on or before February 23) and rates on-site are as follow :
Student Member Php 1,600 / Php 2000
Lifetime Member Php 1,900 / Php 2,300
Regular/Graduate/ Technician Member Php 2000 / Php 2400
Non-Member Php 2,500 / Php 2,800
Foreign Delegate US$ 60 / US$ 75
For inquiries, contact:
• Elsinore Uy (Quality Life Discoveries, Q.C.) at (02)912-7433 or mobile number at 0922-889-2119
• Ivan Gomez (University of Santo Tomas, Manila) at mobile 0917-209-2934
• Hayzle Sia, Anthony Grecia or Dwight Ivan Bautista (GOALS-Caloocan, Alabang, Bonifacio Global City) at (02)771-1189, (02)362-5981 or (02)659-0185
• Lui Acuna (Life Skills Therapy Center, Tarlac) at mobile number 0922-858-2896
You may also check the Autism Society blog for more details.
Photography by Jake VersozaADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network