- Your Kid’s Health Narito Ang Sintomas Ng COVID-19 Sa Bata At Ang Mga Dapat Alalahanin
- Inspiration Howie Severino Is PH2828: 'I Am One Of The Lucky Ones Who Lived To Tell The Tale'
- Your Health Social Amelioration Card: Paano Mag-Apply Ng Cash Aid Mula Sa Gobyerno
- Your Health Experts Say Wearing Gloves Inside Grocery Stores Gives 'False Sense Of Security'
Toddler Milestone Markers: 24th Month
Wondering what changes physically, mentally and emotionally your 24-month-old child is going through? Read on to learn all about it.
- Can run, avoid obstacles that block her path, walk on tiptoes, sit and stand quickly, walk backward and sideways, and climb onto and off furniture.
- May be able to shoot a ball into a container with a big opening such as the laundry basket.
- May be physically ready to start potty training, as she realizes the feeling of a full bladder.
- Can turn a single page in a book.
- Can screw and unscrew lids from jars or bottles.
- May already exhibit right- or left-handedness.
- Able to brush teeth (with some help).
Cognitive and Mental DevelopmentADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Has a spoken vocabulary of about 50 words, and may be adding one or more words every day.
- Engages in conversation by asking and answering simple questions.
- Talks about specifics, that is, she can ask for mango juice instead of just juice.
- Notes the absence of things, as in "no more milk" or "all gone milk." Also understands the concept of "more" and so asks for "more cookie."
- Understands the concept of space and uses words like "up" and "out".
- May be able to count to five or ten.
- Knows the basic colors.
Emotional and Behavioral Development
- Still thumb-sucking for comfort.
- Still "me-centered" but occasionally exhibits empathy as she becomes aware of others' thoughts and feelings.
- Continues to fight with other kids for toys but if encouraged to take turns, may comply sometimes.
- Temper tantrums will continue, and at times these may be stronger than before as she becomes stronger and as there are more situations and people she faces at this age.
- Becomes attuned to gender differences.
View More Stories About
Trending in Summit Network