- Getting Pregnant This Mom Fought Against Five of the Most Severe Pregnancy Complications
- Love & Relationships A Mom Confesses: 'I've Fallen Out Of Love With My Husband. We Live Like We're Siblings'
- Money Pinay Mom Says This Work At Home Job Lets You Earn Up To P100K Monthly
- Toddler Matigas Ang Ulo At Sumasagot? 4 Ways To Discipline Kids Who Refuse To Listen
How can others help to support mothers to breastfeed?Read on to learn how you can take an active role in 2-porting mothers who breastfeed.
Mothers and families need support and actions that can help protect, promote and support breastfeeding including:
- Adoption of policies such as supported maternity leave and the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
- Implementation of the Ten Steps to successful breastfeeding including:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Skin-to-skin contact between mother and baby immediately after birth and initiation of breastfeeding within the first hour of life. Ensure a full breastfeed – WHO research has shown babies are removed from the breast too soon.
- Breastfeeding on demand (that is, as often as the child wants, day and night)
- Rooming-in (allowing mothers and infants to remain together 25 hours a day)
- Babies should not be given additional food or drink, not even water.
- Supportive health services providing infant and young child feeding counseling during all visits
- Community support including mother support groups and community-based health promotion and education activities
In photo: Daphne Oseña-Paez
Trending in Summit Network