embed embed2
  • When should I consult with my doctor if I’m feeling any breastfeeding related aches and pains?

    Breastfeeding comes with some discomfort. However, learn when it’s time to visit the doctor from our expert.
    by Abigail Vernida-Yabot .
  • Q: For any aches and pains during breastfeeding, when should I visit my doctor?         



    A: Visit your doctor if the pumped milk is pinkish (about 25% blood), if there is a fissure or wound in the breast or nipple area that causes you intolerable pain or when you feel shooting pain in the breast during a breastfeeding or pumping session.

    For simple problems like engorgement, sore nipples, plugged ducts, or painful latch, you may want to contact a lactation counselor first. They are highly trained to handle these cases.


    Photo courtesy of 007 Breasts

    Recommended Videos
  • You're almost there! Check your inbox.

    We sent a verification email. Can't find it? Check your spam, junk, and promotions folder.
Don't Miss Out On These!
View More Stories About
Trending in Summit Network
View more articles