Expecting a little bundle of joy? Good for you! Be ready, though, for all the challenges carrying the baby to term entails, especially if it's your first time. Not to frighten you or anything, but being pregnant can relly bring on the works: weight gain, frequent urination, back aches, and a lot more.
As tough as pregnancy can be, you are not alone. Plus, it's all going to be worth it when you finally welcome your baby into this world. So to tide your anxieties and pregnancy hormones for nine months, here's something that can make you smile. Laughter after all is the best medicine, right?
Norway's Line Severinsen, an illustrator and mom of two, decided to chronicle pregnancy struggles when she was pregnant with her first child back in 2012. "I was very sick the first three months. Drawing helped me feel better," she wrote on her blog.
After a year's hiatus, Severinsen was pregnant again and back to the drawing board. She welcomed her second child in May of this year. Her comics, entitled Kos og Kaos, or Cuddles and Chaos in English, is the perfet way to smile and reassure yourself that this, too, shall pass.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. When you're thinking of baby names...
2. There's a party and you're wanting that "buzz"
3. Baby kicks!
4. Did we mention frequent urination earlier?
5. Everybody thinks your bump is free for all--just no!
6. You are not alone, though!
7. Nah, you can't bend like that anymore...
8. ...and you can't see past your belly!
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
9. Feeling swollen?
10. The doc said not to eat for two!
11. When preggy cramps that ruin your sleep
13. At the end of it all, hold your head up high!
Severinsen also throws in a few panel comics that tackle being a mom of two. You can check out her website, or follow her on Instagram and Facebook.
Source: November 10, 2015. "Mom Illustrates Her Everyday Pregnancy Problems" (boredpanda.com)