- Preschooler How To Encourage Independence + Clear Signs Your Child Is Learning It
- Breastfeeding 6 na Subok na Paraan Para Dumami ang Iyong Breast Milk
- Home No Designer, No Problem! These Moms Transformed Kids' Bedrooms Into Magical Places!
- Real Parenting Dalawa Ang Mommy Ko. May Diskriminasyon At Minsan Malungkot
Flash Freezing Eggs can Help Older Moms ConceiveFind out how vitrification gives hope for women who wish to preserve their eggs for future pregnancies.
Scientists are coming up with more ways to help increase the chances of older women conceiving at an age where fertility levels start dropping - even at age 50.
With news of the first-ever baby born through a new technique called Vitrification (her name is Olivia Bate) in the U.K., more women are given hope to preserve healthy eggs for a future pregnancy when they’re ready to become moms.
Vitrification is a fertility treatment wherein eggs are frozen via liquid nitrogen. The process takes less than 60 minutes and experts say its survival rate is 95 percent versus normal freezing techniques, which take around 2 hours and have only a 65 percent survival rate. Vitrification also makes it possible for many eggs to survive when thawed so that women won’t have to have their eggs frozen multiple times. It also decreases the likelihood of miscarriage or the baby having Down’s Syndrome, complications older moms are otherwise predisposed to.
Says Olivia Bate’s mother, Karen Bateman, “When (Olivia) is old enough to understand, we will tell her how significant her birth has been.”
• April 16, 2011. “Flash Frozen Eggs have Better Survival Rate for Fertility Treatment” FlashNewsToday.com
• “First baby born from ‘flash frozen’ eggs, gives hope to older women of having children” ProudParenting.com
• April 3, 2011. Daily Mail Reporter. “Medical advance means women can freeze their eggs in 20s and have a baby at 50” DailyMail.co.ukADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from sxc.hu
Trending in Summit Network