- News Get A Chance To Win P100,000 By Sharing Your Smart Parenting Story!
- Preschooler Matindi Ang Tigas Ang Ulo? Ang Posibleng Dahilan Ng Pagiging Sobrang Pasaway
- Getting Pregnant Totoo Ba na Bawal Maligo sa Gabi o Magsuot ng Kuwintas Kapag Buntis?
- News Amari Crawford Had The Most ‘Kagigil’ Photo, But Tamomo (Almost) Steals The Spotlight
Is there a link between aspirin and fertility?A study suggests that taking aspirin could help a woman get pregnant.
Initial results of the study being conducted at the University of Utah suggest that taking low doses of aspirin could increase a woman’s chances of conceiving. Aspirin, made from acetylsalicylic acid, is a commonly-prescribed drug that helps ease common aches and pains.
The study discovered that aspirin affects the blood vessels by opening them up, thus improving blood flow to the reproductive organs. This state is the best for a fertilized egg to grow on, thus the probability of pregnancy increases.
On another study, it appears like aspirin helps boost pregnancy for women who have had miscarriages in the past. According to the study, most women who have miscarried have high levels of antiphospholipid antibodies in their blood, which cause platelets to stick together and blood to become thicker. This thickening can cause blood clots around the placenta which cut off the baby from its source of oxygen and nutrition, triggering a miscarriage.
Aspirin is known to thin out the blood and thus counter the effects of the antiphospholipid antibodies. Subsequent tests on aspirin showed that women who underwent IVF treatments and took low doses of aspirin were half as much more likely to get pregnant than those who did not. Aspirin was also found to trigger multiple release of eggs during ovulation.
However, the study cautions against starting a new medication without a prior consultation with your doctor.
Photo from commons.wikimedia.org
• February 15, 2011. Summer. “Can Aspirin Help You Get Pregnant?” GrowingYourBaby.com
• “Aspirin” SharedJourney.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network