- Your Kid’s Health Inamin Ni Chesca Garcia Napatanong Siya Ng 'Why Is This Child Taller Than Gavin?'
- Toddler How to Stop Overindulging Your Child: Don't Raise a Selfish Generation!
- Real Parenting Jake Ejercito On Co-Parenting With Andi Eigenmann: 'It Wasn't Always This Easy'
- News New Mom Assunta de Rossi Shares Story Behind Fiore's Full Name
Laughter Increases Chances for Successful IVF, says StudyA recent study suggests that laughter can pave the way for a successful IVF (in vitro fertilization).
A new study suggests that laughing can actually increase the likelihood for a successful IVF (in vitro fertilization).
An Israeli group of researchers, led by Shevach Friedler, discovered that when a clown would visit couples a little after their IVF treatment, their success rate would go up.
219 women undergoing IVF treatment were included in the study. 50 percent visited the clinic on the day that a clown was present, while the other 50 percent on a different day.
• 36 percent of those who visited and saw a clown for 15 minutes shortly after treatment had IVF success.
• Among the other 50 percent, only 20 percent had unsuccessful IVF treatments.
Researchers presume that this is probably due to the stress-reducing potential of laughter.
Said research leader Friedler, from the Assaf Harofeh Medical Centre in Zrifin, Israel, “Patients suffering from infertility undergoing IVF are incredibly stressed,”
Other factors that the researchers took into consideration were the age, type of infertility, number of embryos transferred per woman. Incidentally, the research has received academic backing and for instance, the University of Haifa in Israel has opened a degree program called “medical clowning.”
Added Friedler, "I believe entertainment at the bedside will make women feel relaxed and free from the stress of the grueling IVF process,"
Photo from images.wellcome.ac.uk
• Summer. January 18, 2011. “Is Laughter The Secret To Successful IVF” GrowingYourBaby.com < >
• Thedailyplanet. “Laughter Increase IVF Success” Hubpages.com
• January 12, 2011. “To boost IVF success, try sending in the clowns” MSNBC.MSN.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network