- Toddler Pasaway Ba Talaga? 4 Times Your Kid's 'Bad' Behavior Isn't Actually Bad
- Love & Relationships Is Your Spouse Having An Affair? 7 Ways To Catch Him Cheating With Your Mobile Phone
- Toddler Nagsisinungaling Na? Paano Itama At Pigilan Ang Ganitong Ugali
- Real Parenting Wais Mom Bartered Old Items And Got A Play Tent, Slide, And Toy Car In Return!
3 Common Preggy Discomforts and How to Deal with ThemNobody said having a baby was a walk in the park. We share three of the most common discomforts preggy women experience and what you can do.
1. Morning Sickness, a.k.a. Hyperemesis gravidarum
The classic signs that accompany pregnancy bring to mind scenes from soap operas or movies - women rushing to sinks or rest rooms with the sudden need to vomit.
Hyperemesis gravidarum, more commonly known as morning sickness, typically occurs during a pregnant woman’s first trimester. This is characterized by severe nausea, dehydration, and vomiting that can occur during any time of the day.
There really is no one way to pinpoint what causes morning sickness, but it can largely be attributed to the amount of chemical changes happening within the pregnant woman’s body, which includes the shooting up of estrogen and progesterone levels.
Around 50 to 80 percent of pregnant women experience morning sickness, and it is said to be an indication of a healthy pregnancy; however, the lack of this symptom should not be a cause for worry.
Suggested remedies :
While there are no surefire ways to help ease or reduce morning sickness, you might want to try some of these :
• Get frequent naps, but not right after meals. Tiredness may aggravate the feeling of nausea that accompanies morning sickness.
• Drink plenty of fluids.
• Have a restful sleep at night.
• Keep nausea and vomiting-inducing smells away, or make sure the room is well-ventilated.
• Don’t skip meals.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Click here to see more discomforts during pregnancy and how to deal with them.1 of 2 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network