- Toddler Pasaway Ba Talaga? 4 Times Your Kid's 'Bad' Behavior Isn't Actually Bad
- Love & Relationships Is Your Spouse Having An Affair? 7 Ways To Catch Him Cheating With Your Mobile Phone
- Toddler Nagsisinungaling Na? Paano Itama At Pigilan Ang Ganitong Ugali
- Real Parenting Wais Mom Bartered Old Items And Got A Play Tent, Slide, And Toy Car In Return!
5 Preggy Summer Must-Have ProductsThe summer’s extra heat and humidity can put a toll on preggy women’s extra sensitive skin and body temperature. Arm yourself with these must-have products to keep comfy and cool.
During pregnancy, a woman’s body temperature goes higher than normal. With the dramatic changes going on in a pregnant woman’s body, additional heat caused by the summer’s temperature adds extra discomfort.
This also heightens a preggy woman’s risk for dehydration, which can potentially trigger some medical conditions on her and her unborn child. For instance, when a pregnant woman is dehydrated, a portion of her blood volume is lost, boosting the amount of oxytocin, a hormone which triggers contractions.
There are simple ways by which preggy women can keep cool, hydrated and comfortable. Here are some summer essentials we recommend to battle the heat.
• Carol Sorgen. “Pregnant This Summer? Beat the Heat” MedicineNet.com
• Robin Elise Weiss. “Summer Pregnancy Comfort Tips” Pregnancy.About.com
• “Surviving Summer While Pregnant” Pregnancy-Calendars.net
• Carma Haley Shoemaker. “Healthy & Safe Pregnancy: Pregnant During the Summer Months” PregnancyToday.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Viewing as ListLaunch Gallery
Trending in Summit Network