- Baby Ayaw Magpababa ni Baby? A Mom Swears There Are Benefits
- News Mermaid Mama! Andi Eigenmann Wows In Underwater Baby Bump Photos
- Love & Relationships A Devoted Husband From Iloilo Shares Why 'One Woman Is Enough'
- News Student With Highest Average In UP Diliman's History Ranks 5th In Physician Licensure Exam
Exercise during Pregnancy Good for Baby’s HeartSet your child’s health to a good start by starting as early as during your pregnancy.
It goes without saying that exercise is always good for the body, regardless of your stature or lifestyle. For expectant moms, in particular, sufficient exercise is required to ensure that the woman maintains just the right weight for childbearing and to promote the unborn baby’s optimum development as well in utero.
While the benefits have long been widely known, a 2008 study reveals that pregnant women who exercised for a minimum of 30 minutes a day had fetuses with lower heart rates, an indication of good cardiovascular health. Aside from these findings, it has also been found that the more physical activity expectant women had, the better the heart health was of their babies until after one month after the pregnancy.
The research, led by exercise physiologist and anatomist Linda E. May from Kansas City, studied 61 moms-to-be. Heart function, including maternal-fetal heart function and infant function after birth were monitored.
Said May, “Not only did the mothers’ exercise help maintain and improve their own heart health but it set their babies up for a healthier start.”
May adds, “It is my hope that these findings will show that efforts focused on improving health need to start during pregnancy rather than in childhood.”
• August 28, 2011. Kristina C. “Exercising While Pregnant: Good for Baby’s Heart Health” care2.com
• August 30, 2011. Cathy. “Study Finds that Exercise During Pregnancy Protects Baby’s Heart” growingyourbaby.com
Photography by Ocs AlvarezADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network