- Preschooler Pasaway Ang Anak? 5 Paraan Para Hindi Maubos Ang Pasensya
- News Nesthy Petecio Powers Through Despite Being Told: 'Babae Ka, Hindi Para Sa'yo 'Yan'
- Money Got A Business Idea? This Program Provides Free And Full Support To Be Your Own Boss
- Health & Nutrition This STD Can Be Passed On To Babies Via Vaginal Delivery
New Blood Test for Earlier Detection of Ectopic PregnancyScientists are developing a new blood test which can help predict ectopic pregnancies and prevent death among affected women.
Doctors from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in the U.S. are coming up with a new blood test for the earlier prediction of ectopic pregnancies.
An ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg is implanted outside the womb or uterus. This type of pregnancy is highly dangerous as they may cause internal bleeding for the mother. If left untreated, or treated improperly, it can even be fatal. Infants usually do not survive ectopic pregnancies. About 1 in 80 pregnancies are ectopic, a steadily increasing rate in the past 20 years.
Earlier tests only detect ectopic pregnancies mere weeks. Currently pregnant women have to undergo an ultrasound and blood monitoring tests for days up to weeks. Fortunately, the new blood test being developed by experts may be able to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy within a day. It involves checking for 4 key proteins in the blood which can signify an ectopic pregnancy.
• Sophie Borland. “Blood test to spot ectopic pregnancy: Breakthrough could save fertility of thousands” news1.capitalbay.com
• Rajan. “Blood test to mark ectopic pregnancy could save fertility” thehealthage.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Photo from wikimedia.orgCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Don't Miss Out On These!
Trending in Summit Network