- Labor & Childbirth Giving Birth In The Time Of COVID-19? What To Expect When You Go To The Hospital
- Baby What You Need To Know To Protect Your Newborn From COVID-19
- News We Are Now Required To Wear Face Masks When We Step Out And Shop For Groceries
- Love & Relationships Moms On Dads During Quarantine: 'Maaasahan Rin Pala Sa Bahay Kahit Hindi Inuutusan'
The Benefits of Yoga for Pregnant Women and New MomsMarc Macadaeg from Urban Ashram Manila share the benefits of yoga for pregnant women and new moms, as well as the poses they can practice at home.
Studies have proven time and time again just how beneficial exercise is for pregnant women, but only a few types of fitness routines uplift them both physically, mentally and emotionally.
For instance, yoga, a type of moving meditation, has been proven to help those who practice it to achieve a sense of peace and wellbeing. Marc Macadaeg, teacher and director of teacher development at the Urban Ashram Manila, tells us how yoga is beneficial to expectant women and those who have just given birth.
1. What are the benefits of yoga (physical, mental, etc.)?
A regular Yoga practice can help practitioners feel their best on both a physical and psychological level.
Initially, practitioners will regain and build an awareness of their bodies that results in better physical coordination and balance, and an overall feeling of being refreshed, energized and alert. Over time, and with continued and regular practice, this will help increase their flexibility and restore their range of motion, build strength, improve their posture, breathing, digestion, cardiovascular endurance, and help manage and heal medical issues such as sciatica, hypertension, and migraines, among other things!
Practitioners will also notice that a regular sessions will begin to change and uplift their moods, boost their self-esteem and helps them stay focused while they keep moving within the bigger picture!ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW1 of 5 NEXT
Viewing as ListLaunch Gallery
Trending in Summit Network