- Home Matibay At Matipid Sa Kuryente! 7 Best Inverter Refrigerators, According To Moms
- Baby Solenn Heussaff's Weekly Meal Plan For Thylane: Three Weeks Worth Of Baby Food!
- Baby Baby Food Menu Ng 30 Days Atbp! Meal Planning Tips Para Sa 6-Month-Old Baby
- Money Paano Mag-Budget Ng P20,000 Monthly Income: 'Wala Kaming Aircon, TV At Rice Cooker'
The Pregnancy Food Plan: Sizing the Second TrimesterDon't know what right food to eat during your second term of pregnancy? We share with you this preggy food plan to guide you with your diet.by Lili Narvaez .
The pregnant woman starts having a heartier appetite by the second trimester, says Dr. Sandra Darang, M.D., an obstetrician-gynecologist at the East Avenue Medical Center in Quezon City. It is also during this term when your baby starts to really grow as his heart, skeleton, and muscles develop at a rapid rate. When your circulatory system is running smoothly, your baby is getting an ample supply of oxygen. This means that he’s receiving all those vitamins and minerals you’ve been having.
Iron plays a significant role during the second trimester, and you may get this from dark green leafy vegetables. Egg yolks, prunes and prune juice, whole grains, red meat, peas, and beans are other better alternatives.
Williams Obstetrics, a popular reference book among physicians written by F. Gary Cunningham, Norman F. Gant, and John Whitridge Williams, also mentions taking supplements, but with your doctor’s advice. To get the full benefit of these supplements, take them while eating vitamin C-enriched foods like tomatoes, oranges, or grapefruits.
• Sandra Darang, M.D., obstetrician-gynecologist, East Avenue Medical Center
• William Obstetrics, 20th Edition by F. Gary Cunningham, Norman F. Gant, and John Whitridge Williams
• Website: fnri.dost.gov.ph
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Trending in Summit Network