- Money Wala Pang 3 Years Old, May Ipon Na Ang Batang Ito Na P77,000!
- Real Parenting Mom On Raising A Toddler: Don’t Let Anyone Tell You You’re A Bad Parent. They Have No Idea
- Home Whoa, This Tiny House Can Be Built In Four Hours And Costs P89,000
- News Dawn Zulueta's Beauty Secret: Wag Magtanim ng Sama ng Loob
22 Symptoms of “Baby Blues” and Postpartum Depression (PPD)Take note of the telltale signs if you're experiencing baby blues or postpartum depression.
These symptoms of “baby blues” vary and usually last a few days to a week and a half.
A sense of inadequacy
If the symptoms are more intense and last over two weeks, eventually interfering with your ability to function, you could be experiencing postpartum depression (PPD). PPD symptoms, In addition to those of baby blues’, include the following:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Constant fatigue
- Lack of joy in life
- A sense of emotional numbness or failure
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Lack of concern for yourself or your baby, or, inversely, excessive concern for your baby
- Sizeable loss in sex drive
- Severe mood swings
- Impaired thinking or concentration
Common approaches or treatment for PPD include the following:
Creating a supportive environment for the mother
How long PPD persists depends on how early it is detected and on the treatment given—but full recovery can be expected.
View More Stories About
- baby blues
- postpartum depression
- lack of joy
- emotional numbness
- withdrawal from family
- lack of concern
- sex drive loss
- mood swings
- impaired thinking
- support groups
Trending in Summit Network