- Preschooler Thanks To The Community Pantry, Parents Are Teaching Kids The Value Of Helping Others
- Inspiration Lance Gokongwei: 'Maglagay ng Price Tag sa Mga Bra ang Isa sa Mga Una Kong Naging Trabaho'
- Toddler Toddler Masturbation Happens! 5 Signs When You Need To Worry
- Labor & Childbirth Mom Believed the Opinions on Her Facebook Group. She Gave Birth to a Stillborn Baby
22 Symptoms of “Baby Blues” and Postpartum Depression (PPD)Take note of the telltale signs if you're experiencing baby blues or postpartum depression.
These symptoms of “baby blues” vary and usually last a few days to a week and a half.
A sense of inadequacy
If the symptoms are more intense and last over two weeks, eventually interfering with your ability to function, you could be experiencing postpartum depression (PPD). PPD symptoms, In addition to those of baby blues’, include the following:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
- Constant fatigue
- Lack of joy in life
- A sense of emotional numbness or failure
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Lack of concern for yourself or your baby, or, inversely, excessive concern for your baby
- Sizeable loss in sex drive
- Severe mood swings
- Impaired thinking or concentration
Common approaches or treatment for PPD include the following:
Creating a supportive environment for the mother
How long PPD persists depends on how early it is detected and on the treatment given—but full recovery can be expected.
View More Stories About
- baby blues
- postpartum depression
- lack of joy
- emotional numbness
- withdrawal from family
- lack of concern
- sex drive loss
- mood swings
- impaired thinking
- support groups
Trending in Summit Network