- News Concerned Brother Discovers Disturbing Content On Sister's Learning Modules
- News DepEd, DOJ Issue Guidelines To Prevent 'Distance Cheating' and Protect Students' Privacy
- Baby 5 Things You Need To Know But Your Baby Can't Tell You Yet
- Money Looking For An Online Job? Sure Ways To Get Employers To Notice Your Application
9 out of 10 Dads Present During Childbirth, says SurveyMore and more fathers are taking an even active participation in the care for their partners and babies.
It seems that a greater number of dads are becoming more involved in the pregnancy of their partners, birth and care for their babies. In a recent study conducted by Oxford University, involving 5,300 new moms, it was discovered that 9 out of 10 dads were present during the childbirth of their newborns.
The study also showed that aside from the fathers wanting to be present during the birth of their babies, a great majority of them also actively sought information regarding pregnancy and childbirth. In fact, 61% would go with their partners to their prenatal checkups.
Here’s a more detailed look at the results:
• 89% of the women said their partners were present at birth
• 88% claimed their partners were present during at least one ultrasound checkup
• 65% of the new fathers played an active role in taking care of the newborn (changing diapers, bathing baby, playing with baby)
• 70% of the dads were able to take paternity leave
Dr. Maggie Redshaw, lead researcher, says “Dads are often delighted, even bowled over to see their babies for the first time on ultrasound scans – the positive effect of this shouldn’t be underestimated.”
The study also revealed that 95% of women visited the doctor or consulted a midwife at least by 12 weeks into the pregnancy, a higher rate compared to the 82% in 1995.
• November 18, 2010. “Survey Says 9 Out Of 10 Dads Present At Birth,” BBC.Co.UK
• November 19, 2010. “9 Out of 10 Dads Present During Childbirth,” www.growingyourbaby.comADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Photo from sxc.hu
Trending in Summit Network