- Money Pinay Mom Says This Work At Home Job Lets You Earn Up To P100K Monthly
- Inspiration Quality Bonding Time For This Family Means Making Face Shields For Frontliners
- Home Did You Know This Common Household Item Is (Almost) As Dirty As Your Toilet?
- Money Credit Card o Debit Card: Alin Ang Mas Magandang Pambayad?
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
My Birthing Story: Connie Sison-EscuderoConnie shares how it's like to have a new bundle of joy after almost 10 years.by Lei Dimarucut-Sison .
SP: Did you have any cravings while pregnant?
Connie: Mahilig talaga ako sa sweets but I needed to control. I ate everything in moderation because I was so scared about having gestational diabetes. Pero when I was pregnant, I would eat dalandan na may asin at konting toyo. Parang gusto ko lang ng maasim.
SP: What do you do to lose the extra weight?
Connie: There are no shortcuts sa pagpapapayat. In one of my shows, PinoyMD, I was challenged by one of the doctors to undergo a change in lifestyle. Talagang nag-lifestyle change ako. Nasanay kasi 'yung body ko to eat everything that I wanted, and after you give birth parang ganun pa din yung gusto mong gawin. So what I did was to enroll in kickboxing classes at Gold’s Gym, which I do MWF, then I go to Whitespace for yoga on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Pag medyo nagsasawa ako, I do Rip 360 (for toning) sa bahay. I like it kasi hindi mo kailangang bumili ng expensive equipment.
Of course, sinasabayan mo dapat ng diet; I’m doing a 1,200-calories-per-day diet. I monitor my calorie intake using the mobile phone app My Fitness Pal. I’m learning to choose the food I eat. Kahit sa buffet, kaya kong piliin kung alin yung pinaka-konti sa calories and that’s what I eat. Instead of frying, we steam our vegetables and fish. Instead of white rice, I eat brown rice. No more softdrinks. In a week, may cheat day naman ako pero masasanay na din ang katawan mo kaya hindi na din hahanapin. Pag may craving ako, I give in. I don't deprive myself, pero konting-konti lang. Pag natikman ko na, tapos na. It’s all in the mind. Pag sinuppress mo naman kasi yung cravings mo, you end up binging on it after.
Yung kickboxing, 1 month ko nang ginagawa, and I already lost 8 pounds (2 pounds per week). In inches, I lost 4 inches around my waist. Medyo nahihirapan ako sa arms and that’s where Rip 360 helps. Para syang circuit training.
I realized over the last two years that in order to lose weight, hindi pwedeng isisingit mo lang ang exercise. You really have to make time for it in your schedule. After my morning show Unang Hirit, diretso na ako sa gym. In fact I even instructed my driver na pag nagpauwi ako, dalhin pa din nya ako sa Gold’s Gym. Sabi ko, wag mo akong susundin (laughs). So kahit tinatamad ako, andito na ako e. Wala akong choice. That’s how I do it, and it works. I’m really pushing myself, and it’s not anymore about looking good – of course that’s a bonus – but it’s really about becoming healthier. When you think about it, sino’ng mag-aalaga ng mga anak ko ‘pag nawala ako? Like I always say in my show, iisa lang ang katawan, dapat nating alagaan. It’s our responsibility.
SP: Any tips for new moms?
1. Be practical. Kahit gaano ka-cute ang shoes or clothes, buy the not-so-expensive ones kasi makakalakihan agad. And make sure the quality is also good.
2. Enjoy parenthood as much as you can. Right now I’m so crazy about Maxine. I’m so blessed to have a husband who’s supportive.
3. Plan your family. Pinag-uusapan dapat yan. Sa panahon ngayon, mahal magpaaral. And it’s not just the money, it’s more of the attention, kailangan sure ako that I can give them love, spiritual guidance.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What's in Maxine's baby bag? Click 'View slideshow' above to browse through the photos!
Connie Sison-Escudero was featured in the Preggy Chronicles section of Smart Parenting's January-February 2013 issue.
Photos by Dairy DarilagPREV 2 of 2
Viewing as ListLaunch Gallery
Trending in Summit Network