VBAC,birthing story,Shamcey Supsup,Shamcey Supsup Lee,Lloyd Lee,Nyke Lee,Peter Nathan Lee,Baby Peanut,Shamcey Supsup Birthing Experience Baby Peanut,Shamcey Supsup, birthing experience, Baby Peanut Lee, Peter Nathan Lee, childbirth, VBAC,She initially wanted a C-section, but ended up doing VBAC.
PregnancyLabor & Childbirth

Shamcey Supsup Recounts Crying and Begging for Epidural While in Labor

Shamcey shared her birthing experience with Baby Peanut on social media, and the biggest lesson she learned
PHOTO BY@supsupshamcey/Instagram

On September 30, Shamcey Supsup and husband Lloyd Lee welcomed their son, Peter Nathan, who's been nicknamed "Baby Peanut."

On the same day, the beauty queen-turned-entrepreneur revealed through an Instagram post that she gave birth via Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC), or a "normal delivery," despite giving birth previously via cesarean section (CS) to daughter Nyke in 2013.

On Tuesday, October 2, Shamcey recalled her birthing experience through a series of Instagram posts.

The 32-year-old celebrity mom said she initially wanted to deliver their baby via c-section.

She wrote, "As I have mentioned in my previous post, I was really torn between going for an elective c-section or a VBAC delivery.

"To be honest, I was leaning on going for the CS because I just wanted to take control of this 2nd birth."

Eventually, Shamcey decided to have a normal delivery since they found out that her doctor will be away on the week she was supposed to give birth.

Shamcey narrated, "My husband totally respects whatever my decision would be but i knew he was still hoping for a normal delivery.

"Alas by 36 weeks I learned that my OB will be gone on my 39th week which made everything a lot more complicated.

"My choices were to have the CS before she leaves or be referred to another to perform the VBAC.

"In the end, Lloyd and I agreed that we will let mother nature decide and not to set any date."

Earlier than expected

The former Miss Universe Philippines titleholder had to deliver their baby a week earlier than expected.

As early as Saturday morning, September 29, Shamcey said she's been experiencing cramps and contractions.

She continued, "Exactly on my 38th week, I had a scheduled appointment with my OB who will introduce me to her reliever.

"On that Saturday morning I was having uncomfortable cramping on my lower abdomen so we went to see the doctor earlier.

watch now

"During the check up, I was already 2cm dilated and I was asked to do an NST (nonstress test) to check the intensity and duration of my contractions.

"We were super excited of the possibility of welcoming the baby that evening.

"Unfortunately during the NST, they recorded only one mild contraction and so I was sent home :(

"I was disappointed but thought maybe its still too early since I had Nyke at over 39 weeks.

"So I went home, tried to sleep and ignored the cramps that I've been feeling since they seem to just come and go."

Later that evening, Shamcey's cramps got worse and asked her husband to bring her to the hospital immediately.

"By dinner time, the cramps became more frequent but it was hard to time the contractions though I informed my OB of what was happening and she told me to observe it again for an hour.

"By then the cramps became quite painful so I called Lloyd to come home immediately.

"By 8:30pm I was experiencing the worst cramps ever and I begged Lloyd to bring me to the hospital," she said.

Biggest lesson

By the time they arrived at the hospital, Shamcey was given an internal examination which revealed that she was ready to give birth then.

She recalled, "At the hospital, they did an IE (internal examination) and found out that I was already 8cm dilated and baby at station -1.

"I was wheeled into the labor room as I await the arrival of my OB and Anesthesiologist who both were not expecting I was going to give birth that night.

"That was the longest wait EVER. The contractions were downright painful, I was shouting and crying and begging for a dose of my epidural.

"I was so glad when I saw my doctors come in at about 10pm and finally got relief once the anesthesia was administered; though I can still feel the contractions but they were manageable.

"By 11:30pm I was fully dilated so the whole team began preparing for the delivery."

Shamcey was ultimately relieved after seeing their baby and thanked her husband for staying beside her up until the very end.

"With the positive encouragement of everyone in the delivery room especially Lloyd who's assuring me and telling me my progress through every push, I heard the doctor say, 'the baby's head is out, one more push for the shoulders' and I gave 1 big push and then our son was out and placed on my tummy.

"It was pure joy to see him that I did not even notice the delivery of the placenta and the stitching of my tear," she confessed.

Towards the end of her Instagram posts, Shamcey shared one big lesson she learned from unexpectedly giving birth to Baby Peanut.

Shamcey admitted, "During that time, I realized that sometimes we plan too much, try to control everything in our life but sometimes we just have to let go and let God work his miracles coz His plans are always better than ours."

This story originally appeared on Pep.ph.

*Minor edits have been made by the SmartParenting.com.ph editors.

Trending in Summit Network

lorem ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
Read more
lorem ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
Read more
lorem ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
Read more