- Family Fun Put Your Phone Down! Play Jolen, Jackstones, Yoyo, and More With Your Kids
- News Semestral Break For Public Schools To Start On October 21, DepEd Announces
- Getting Pregnant What Happens When You Get A Transvaginal Ultrasound?
- Real Parenting Travel Tips Kasama Si Baby? 'Goodbye Awra' Ang Payo Ni Mommy!
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
8 of Our Favorite Skin Moisturizers With Comforting and Calming ScentsGet into a good mood fast with any of our favorite body lotions, hand creams, and one massage oil. Promise, they are happiness!by Rachel Perez .
The skin is the largest part of the body and also the most exposed to the harsh enviroment we live in. You don't have to be told yet again that moisture is of utmost importance in skin care. As you age, it's even more essential to slather on some lotion or hand cream to keep your skin supple, soft, and smooth.
Given that you've already got that covered, turn your attention to an added perk some body lotions and hand creams offer: its scent that tickles the olfactory senses. Mind you, it can spell the difference between your boring routine of moisturizing and that giddy feeling as you papmer your skin. Here are our picks:
1. Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand CreamADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Rich in Vitamin E, this natural hydrating hand cream is infused with Sweet Almond Oil and beeswax to seal in the moisture. One of our digital editors love it because "it brings to mind a cake I had as a child that had the exact scent, and somehow that makes me happy." She adds that you can also apply it on your elbows and knees that need moisturizing. P650, shop.beautybar.com.ph
2. The Body Shop Olive Body ButterADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
The scent of olives might not be your go-to fragrance when it comes to aromatheraphy, but we implore you to try it. The Body Shop body butters are spot-on when it comes to giving skin the moisture it needs, and the subtle olive scent will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. P745, thebodyshop.com.ph
3. Earth Therapeutics Anti-Stress Massage OilADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This really owns the "anti-stress" tag. "When I can't sleep, I apply this on my neck, the back of my neck, and my shoulders. Then, with my palms cupped over my face, I take deep breaths to inhale the scent deeply," shares another editor. It's very versatile, too. You can use it after a shower and even when pregnant. P595, shop.beautybar.com.ph
More from Smart Parenting
4. Tony Moly Magic Food Banana Hand MilkADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you're a fan of fruity scents, and banana is one of your faves, this hand milk lotion is for you. It has banana extract, shea butter, and milk protein that helps provide moisture. "It's not sticky, smells really nice (I like banana!), and it's really cute," says one of our staff writers. P378, tonymoly.ph
5. Etude House Missing U Hand CreamADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If, like me, you have a keen sense of smell that striking scents makes your nose itch, Etudes House's hand cream will leave you with a slight hint of healing odors from a mixture of herbs--not too strong and yet not bland either. P278, etudehouse.ph
6. L’Occitane Citrus Verbena Hand Cream GelADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This scent of organic verbena from sunny citrus fruits is just pure love. The scent alone can invigorate and soothe you to face whatever challenges lies ahead. And yes, it's a very effective skin moisturizer, too. P510.00, rustans-thebeautuysource.com
More from Smart Parenting
7. Human Nature Hand and Foot Salve in Eucalyptus
Give your hands some much love TLC with these nutrient-infused salve that soothes, rejuventates, and pampers the skin--and your sense of smell. What I like best about this is that it's all-natural and easy on the pocket (read: you don't have to scrimp!). P174.75, humanheartnature.com
8. Philosophy Fresh Cream Body LotionADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This body lotion formula contains macadamia seed, olive fruit oils, and shea butter, to name a few, that will leave your skin feeling smooth. The famous and well-loved fresh cream scent of Philosophy can also bring you much comfort in one sniff. sephora.ph