- Toddler Pasaway Ba Talaga? 4 Times Your Kid's 'Bad' Behavior Isn't Actually Bad
- Love & Relationships Is Your Spouse Having An Affair? 7 Ways To Catch Him Cheating With Your Mobile Phone
- Toddler Nagsisinungaling Na? Paano Itama At Pigilan Ang Ganitong Ugali
- Real Parenting Wais Mom Bartered Old Items And Got A Play Tent, Slide, And Toy Car In Return!
A Simple Guide on How to Apply Blush, According to Your Face ShapeThe right blush application can make a huge difference.
We often take this step for granted. We simply dab blush on the apples of the cheek—that's it. But we want you to think otherwise: applying blush the right way can balance your face shape and even lift your face's appearance, making you look younger.
Based on Wayne Goss' video demo (more on that below) on how to properly apply blush, here's our takeaway:
Do not smile
There is no need to do an exaggerated smile when putting on blush. Goss explains that doing so allows fine lines to appear, and the pigment deposits in these tiny crevices. Also, once the blush is applied, the tinted area is now located at the bottom part of the cheeks—and this creates a sagging skin look.
Try a fan brush
Unlike the blusher brush we're used to, this type of brush lightly deposits and spreads the color on the skin, resulting to a more natural flush.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
TRY: Elf Cosmetics Fan Brush, P249.75, at department stores
What other parents are reading
Now onto the face shapes...
All face shapes
Sweep blush on the hairline near the temples and gradually circling downwards when you reach the apples of the cheeks . This method brightens and lifts the complexion.
You can add a bit of plumpness on your cheeks by brushing a tiny circle on the apples.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Round, square, and heart faces
Add more dimension to a wide face by doing this reliable technique: imagine drawing a sideways V on this area. Start at the hairline near the temples, softly sweep downwards to the half of the apples, and then flick the brush towards the side of the forehead. According to Goss, this pulls up the face, and draws the attention to the upper area.
Round face, chubby cheeks
Not to be mistaken for contouring the face, this technique simply highlights the highest areas of the round face. Suck in your cheeks and stroke the brush just above the hollow. Gently sweep the brush from the hairline towards the mouth repeatedly, and then using a different brush (or just dust off the remaining product on your current brush), diffuse the color upwards.
Watch his whole tutorial below:
And while you're at it, here are some of our fave blushes:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
What other parents are reading
1. For all skin tones, this warm pink blush will brighten the face.
Pink Sugar Sweet Cheeks HD Cheek Color in Miss Independent, P499, at department stores
2. This dusty rose blush can produce a natural flush on morena skin.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
NARS Blush in Dolce vita, P1,700, at Rustan's branches.
3. Add a golden pink glow on your cheeks for a playful and youthful look.
Benefit Cosmetics GALifornia Blush, P900, at SM Megamall
This story originally appeared on FemaleNetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Smartparenting.com.ph editors.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Trending in Summit Network