We are forever impressed with how Korean women take their skincare seriously. Their meticulous routine has granted most with porcelain-like, glowing skin we all envy. If you're curious and clueless about Korean skincare, here's how it is done in a nutshell:
1. Double-cleansing Remove makeup and oil-based dirt with an oil-based cleanser. Follow it up with water-based cleansers (a.k.a. your regular facial foam) to remove debris accumulated throughout the day.
Try: Banila Co. Clean It Zero, P875, at Glorietta
2. Exfoliation For smooth and brighter skin, Korean women use gommages and gentle scrubs twice a week to lift dead skin cells.
Try: Tony Moly Magic Food Banana Peeling Cream, P598, at SM Megamall
3. Toning After washing your face, it's essential to restore the skin's natural pH with a toner. Plus, this also preps the skin to absorb the follwing skincare products Korean women layer.
Try: Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Toner, P1,189, at Calyxta
4. Treatment and nourishment Essences, serums, ampoules, and sheet masks—all these fall under this category. This step pumps in necessary nutrients and active ingredients to answer your skincare concerns.
Try: Etude House Pearl Aura Brightening Essence, P898 5. Moisturizing Besides hydrating the skin (a key step in keeping the skin supple and youthful), moisturizers act as a barrier that protects the skin from harmful environmental elements. Every woman, whether oily or normal should not skip this step. Pick one that suits your skin type.
Try: Dr.Jart Ceramidin Liquid, P2,543, at Sephora.ph
6. Sunscreen The UVA and UVB rays are culprits in skin aging and pigmentation. Korean women are obsessed with protecting their skin with SPF-boosted products.
Try: Skinfood Pore Fit Pure Skin Cushion SPF50+ PA+++, at Alabang Town Center