1. Wear a statement piece. Just like a cherry on top, a statement piece acts as the focal point of your usual, basic work outfit. To spice up your garb, pick one to two standout accessories to avoid going overboard. A winning combination is a chunky necklace matched with a cocktail ring. But if you’re not a big fan of bling, a pair of statement earrings is a safe but sure bet!
2. Add a pop of color. Do away with the usual neutrals by adding a pop of color in your outfit, may it be through a bag, shoes, or a piece of clothing. Pick vibrant jewel tones like emerald green, magenta, and ruby red to avoid looking juvenile and unprofessional.
Zara Lace Blouse with Trim, P2,595 Zara is available at SM Megamall, Power Plant Mall, Glorietta, Greenbelt 5, and SM Mall of Asia.
3. Put on a non-black blazer. There's no rule that says your blazer should be in black only. Try experimenting with other colors like pastel hues, army green, navy blue, or tan to refresh your office wardrobe. Also, you can opt to wear a sleeveless blazer for a surprising twist.
4. Slip on a textured shoe. Upgrade your typical leather pumps with an unexpected texture like snakeskin, suede, or patent.
Reiss Sabine Suede Strappy Heeled Sandals Reiss is available at Central Square Bonifacio High Street and Rustan’s branches.
5. Make sure everything fits you like a glove. The biggest fashion faux pas one can ever commit is to wear ill-fitting clothing. Anything that’s too tight or too loose can project an appearance of sloppiness. Always try on pieces before buying them to see if they can survive all sorts of movement. Go to your neighborhood tailor or alteration service center to have your pieces nipped and tucked to fit your build.