- Love & Relationships Ang Ugali Na Madalas Dahilan Ng Pagkasira Ng Isang Relasyon
- Preschooler How to Raise a Child Fluent in Filipino First: Tips From Teachers
- Real Parenting Mom Whose Toddler Has Speech Delay, ADHD Shares Expert-Approved 'Hack' To Help Kids Focus
- Love & Relationships Why Is My Wife Always Angry? Hubbies, 5 Reasons And How You Can Help Her Better Next Time
Your Ultimate Tiangge Guide: Where To Buy Affordable Christmas Outfits For The FamilyFind the perfect holiday OOTD without breaking the bank!by Laila Mendoza .
What you wear on Christmas day may not be as important as the Noche Buena spread, but of course you want to at least look presentable because this moment will forever be immortalized in photos. If budget for a new outfit for the family is tight and buying from malls is not an option, there’s always a good find in tiangge stores that are both affordable and stylish. Try these popular tiangge places:
Location: Manila East Road, Taytay, Rizal
This shopping place was dubbed as the Philippines’ Garments Capital due to good quality clothing and the insanely affordable prices. A lot of popular public figures such as Toni Gonzaga and other Youtube vloggers recommend and enjoy shopping here.
You can never go wrong with the Taytay Tiangge because it offers a wide range of locally-manufactured selections including shirts, blouses, dresses, shorts, pants, skirts, sportswear, sleepwear, bags, and more. You may also find high quality overruns from stalls like BAGPI, IGPAI, Taytay Mega Tiangge, Parkway, MySeoul, and Freedom Bazaar. Blouses and shirts cost less than PHP 100 each. Dresses are sold for PHP 120- PHP 250. Office pants are capped at PHP200- PHP250. You can also buy clothes for your kids for PHP150- PHP250. It is also advisable to place orders in bulk to get the items at a much lower price.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOWCONTINUE READING BELOWRecommended Videos
Shopping stalls are open daily from 6:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m., but the best days to visit are Mondays and Thursdays because these are the days when new stocks arrive (also known as “bagsakan”).
How to get there:
- From any LRT-2 station: Take the train and get off at Santolan station. Ride a jeep to Angono and get off at Taytay Bagong Palengke.
- From Cubao/EDSA-Shaw: Take a jeep or UV Express to Taytay/Angono/Binangonan. Get off at Taytay Bagong Palengke.
- From Quiapo/Sta. Mesa/Ortigas: Ride a G-Liner/RRCG bus, jeep, or UV Express to Taytay. Get off at Taytay Bagong Palengke.
- From Commonwealth Ave./Fairview: Take a jeep or UV Express to Sta. Lucia. Ride a jeep to Taytay/Angono/Binangonan. Get off at Taytay Bagong Palengke.
Location: 540 Commercio St., Binondo, Manila, Metro Manila
Divisoria, the mother of all shopping places, is a popular market in Manila and known as the ultimate bargain-shopping destination for all seasons. It has everything you need from clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, home decorations, gadgets, giveaways, and costumes.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Due to the recent government clearing operations, stalls in Divisoria became more organized and the area, well-ventilated, which has made it easier for shoppers to roam around. You can buy full sets of clothes for a family of four for PHP 2,000- PHP 3,000.
Stalls are usually open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
How to get there:
- Take the LRT-1 and get off at Doroteo Jose station. Walk to Recto Ave. and ride a jeep to Tutuban or Divisoria.
- Take the LRT-2 and get off at Recto station. Ride a jeep going to Tutuban or Divisoria.
Location: Roxas Boulevard, Baclaran, Parañaque
Since the '80s, Baclaran has been dubbed as the shopper’s paradise. Haggling is the norm there, so do not hesitate to ask for “tawad” or negotiate with the vendors regarding the prices. Most of the items they sell are goods from China and are in good condition. Although it is cleaner now than other streets of Manila, beware of pickpockets. Wednesdays (Baclaran Day) and Sundays (Sunday mass) are the best days because new items arrive, but note that it is more crowded during these days.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to get there:
- Take the LRT-1 and get off at Baclaran station. Walk to Baclaran Market.
- Take the MRT and get off at Taft Avenue station. Walk to EDSA and ride a bus going to Baclaran. Get off at Roxas Blvd.
- Ride a bus bound for Baclaran and get off at Roxas Blvd
Greenhills Shopping Center
Location: Ortigas Avenue, Greenhills, San Juan
It has established itself as a true haven for shopping. With over 2,000 stores of clothing, furniture, decors, grocery, entertainment and pearls, there is definitely something for anybody. You can buy known products and designer bags such as Louis Vuitton or Chanel at a low price. The stalls have an organized layout housed in an air-conditioned shopping complex that’s why it is comfortable to shop around, and the vendors are very accommodating so you can negotiate with the prices. Shopping is not the only thing you can do here as there are also restaurants and cinemas. Address:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to get there:
- Take the MRT and get off at Santolan-Anapolis station. Walk to Annapolis St. and ride a jeep going to Greenhills. Get off at Greenhills Shopping Center.
- Take the MRT and get off at Ortigas station. Walk to the POEA Bldg. (across Robinsons Galleria). Ride a jeep to San Juan or a G-Liner/RRCG bus bound for Quiapo. Get off at Greenhills.
Location: McKinley Parkway, Taguig
If you are looking for a place that combines the convenience of a shopping mall and the affordability of a tiangge, then there’s Market! Market! for you. Located at the heart of Bonifacio Global City, Market! Market! is home to a host of themed bazaars, a hawker’s market, and a bounty outlet and bargain stores. The two floors of this shopping center house affordable RTW clothes and accessories.
Mall hours start at 10 a.m everyday.
How to get there:ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
- From EDSA, ride a bus or take the MRT and get off at Ayala MRT station. Walk towards the Telus building where you will find the tap bus terminal that will take you around BGC and lastly, to Market! Market!
- From EDSA, ride a bus or take the MRT and get off at Ayala MRT station. walk towards the Telus building and cross the street towards the Shell gas station. Look for the jeepney terminal that will bring you straight to Market! Market.
What other parents are reading
Trending in Summit Network