1. Heart Evangelista to Senator Miriam: "I will be the luckiest girl in history to have you as my 2nd mom"
When news broke out yesterday that the Iron Lady of Asia had passed away, Heart Evangelista was one of the celebrities who paid tribute to her on social media. "You put so much happiness and positivity in my life that I just can't imagine I can't call you ever again," she wrote on Instagram. "I remember you telling me it will be like you just travelled to see your son who you just imagine is studying abroad. I might have to think like that for now. I love you my super hero. I will miss you my Cleopatra. I will be the luckiest girl in history to have you as my 2nd mom. I love you so much! Until we meet again my mommy m..." Heart continued.
In another Instagram post, Heart shared their bonding times: "You would read Vogue for me and in return I would study your law books. You made me study the 'serious Einstein subjects' and bring me to meet the 'kings and queens' the way you would say it. You showed me so much of the world, put on my slippers when I had a migraine and fed me the best lobsters in bed. I would sleep over for weekends and stay up till 2am and we would talk about Cleopatra and grace Kelly, your big hair and workout clothes, your lambing tone, your sweetness and kisses." She said the photo reminds her that "her second mom" would always be her guardian angel. Heart and Senator Miriam were close friends; the lawmaker paved the way for Heart to meet her now husband Senator Chiz Escudero. (pep.ph)
2. Dimples Romana defends Andi Eigenmann's silence on the issue of Ellie's dad Kapamilya actress Dimples Romana, who co-stars with Andi Eigenmann in the series The Greatest Love, speaks up about how the single mom is handling the recent revelation about her daughter Ellie's real father. "Andi is a human being. She gets hurt. And I think the best thing lang is Andi is such a good mom that she only cares not what other people are thinking about her, but she cares what other people are going to do or how it's going to affect Ellie," Dimples said. "Ang galing lang because noong nalaman niya yun, ang unang instinct niya was to think about Ellie. Si Ellie una niyang iniisip. Hanggang huli si Ellie lagi [ang] iniisip niya," she continued. A friend of Andi and her sister Stevie Eigenmann also took to Twitter on her defense. Until now, neither Andi nor Jake Ejercito, whom Max revealed is the biological dad of Ellie, has issued a statement. (pep.ph)
3. Actress LJ Reyes launches new mobile app for moms
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
“MApp is all about aiding all the parents out there. It is a GPS-based mobile application that will help our dear moms and dads to find everything and anything that they need for their family," LJ said at the launch of the Smart Mommy App (MApp). LJ, who is mom to six-year-old son Ethan Akio, or Aki, is the brains behind the app which makes finding family-friendly establishments easy with categories set up according to the needs of parents and children. MApp also features a list of emergency numbers, how to deal with emergency situations, first-aid tips, plus coupons, informative and entertaining articles, and a community for parental support. The actress and entrepreneur explained that MApp helps moms answer questions such as "Where to go?" and "What to do?", making planing for family time easy and quick. MApp is free to download on both the App Store and on Google Play. For more information about this helpful parenting app, visit mapp.com.ph or Facebook/MAppPH.
4. Watch: Action-packed final trailer for Fantastic Beasts movie
We finally get to see fantastic beasts in the new action-packed trailer for the new movie set in the wizarding world. The said teaser for Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them boasts of the serious wand-and-magic action as English wizard Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne), Porpetina Goldstein (Katherine Waterston), and company rescue the beasts that were accidentally set free from his suitcase while visiting the United States. We also see the intimidating Percival Graves (Collin Farrell) in action and hear the name Gellert Grindelwald, Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore's friend-turned-enemy, which hints at a connection to the original Harry Potter series. Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is set to open in theaters on November. (mtv.com)
5. The CDC issues travel warning to PH amidst Zika threat The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advised pregnant women to postpone non-essential travel to the Philippines and 10 other Southeast Asian countries, namely, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Maldives, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam. This, however, is different from the travel notices it has previously issued for Brazil and Singapore where Zika cases had been on the rise. The CDC said Zika may have been active in the 11 Southeast Asian countries for years, suggesting that some residents might already be immune. However, it cites that American travelers have become infected while visiting the countries, so travel may pose a risk. The CDC has so far advised pregnant women to avoid going to nearly 60 countries and regions because of the active spread of the virus. (reuters.com)