1. Mariel Rodriguez is "fighting for her baby's life"
The TV host and soon-to-be mom has decided to go on maternity leave already from her hosting duties at the daily noontime show It's Showtime and Pinoy Big Brother. Mariel, who is about three months along (she announced her pregnancy last May), said in an interview aired on Tonight with Boy Abunda that she is "fighting for her baby's life." "I'll always be grateful to my It's Showtime family, to my PBB family, to ABS-CBN. Thank you so much. You don't know how much it means to me na naiintindihan nila. I'm fighting for my baby's life so talagang karee-rin ko muna ito." She did not elaborate further on her statement, but it is safe to presume Mariel wants to be extra careful after she suffered two miscarriages last year. She was actually receiving flak for continuing to travel and work, but husband actor Robin Padilla defended her. He said working helped Mariel overcome her depression due to their loss and helps her face her pregnancy in a more positive light. (abs-cbn.com)
2. Recall alert! Combi stroller
Combi is recalling over 39,000 car seats for safety issues after failing a car-crash test. According to a statement posted on the company's website, the recall affects the Coccoro Convertible Child Restraints with mode number 8220; these have manufacturing dates between January 1, 2009, and June 29, 2016. The recall, however, does not apply to the use of the Coccoro car seat when installed in a rearward-facing position. The company is giving consumers who are affected by the recall a fee cover to address the safety issue. In the event of a car crash, car seats may exert too much force on the child when they are in a forward-facing position, which increases the baby's risk for injuries. (huffingtonpost.com)
3. Check out Atasha Muhlach's paintings!
The daughter of former beauty queen Charlene Gonzalez and actor Aga Muhlach has developed a passion for painting. And while we're no experts, we think we know talent when we see one, and this teen has it! Aga and Charlene are so proud of their 15-year-old that they recently shared some of her works on Instagram. "Great job, Ata. Daddy and Mama loves you very much," one of Charlene's captions reads. Atasha has been doodling since she was child, and when she was 11, Charlene shared a still-life painting using oil on canvass. Based on Charlene's social media posts, Atasha, who is also into singing, swimming, and playing basketball, has been creating more artworks since 2013. She and her twin brother Andres have been living a low-key life away from the showbiz industry's spotlight. (pep.ph)
4. CDC issues travel warning for Miami due to Zika outbreak The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a travel warning, advising pregnant women and their partners not to travel to a small town near Miami, Florida. This is the first time the CDC issued a travel advisory inside the U.S. Just last week, a total of 15 people were found to have been infected with Zika virus, a mosquito-carried illness that can cause microcephaly and severe developmental issues in newborns whose parents are infected. The new cases were discovered via a door-to-door survey of 200 people who were tested for the virus or an antibody through urine and blood samples. The CDC is also advising pregnant women who may have traveled in the 150-square-meter area to visit a hospital to get tested. The Zika virus can also be sexually transmitted. Currently, there is no vaccine yet; they're all in the clinical testing phase. (cnn.com)
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
5. Neri Naig shares update on pregnancy
The mom-to-be shared a photo of husband Parokya ni Edgar front man Chito Miranda kissing her baby bump on her Instagram. She said that her baby's kicks woke her up, much to her husband's delight. "Tuwang tuwa naman si Daddy Chito kase nakikita niya talaga yung tyan ko na gumagalaw. Kinakausap at kini-kiss ng asawa ko ang tummy ko at sumasagot naman si baby kase panay sipa niya," she wrote as part of the caption for the photo. Neri was able to sleep longer after, but she woke up really hungry. Her husband came to her rescue, preparing melon for her and him! "Mas buntis pa ata asawa ko kaysa sa akin. I love my family. Thank you, Lord. SOBRA," she added.