- Labor & Childbirth Giving Birth In The Time Of COVID-19? What To Expect When You Go To The Hospital
- Baby What You Need To Know To Protect Your Newborn From COVID-19
- News We Are Now Required To Wear Face Masks When We Step Out And Shop For Groceries
- Love & Relationships Moms On Dads During Quarantine: 'Maaasahan Rin Pala Sa Bahay Kahit Hindi Inuutusan'
10 Alternative Gifts for a CauseWhether you're still Christmas shopping or just want to make a difference in other people's lives, we've got you covered with these alternative gift suggestions.by Matet Garcia-Reyes .
1. Hepburn Newspaper Bag by Gifts and Graces Fair Trade Foundation (P590)
How it gives back: Gift and Graces Fair Trade Foundation collaborates with NGOs and non-profit organizations to help communities and individuals reach their full potential and break free from the cycle of poverty. As the old saying goes, “give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” The foundation markets handcrafted quality gifts made by different marginalized communities like newspaper bags, accessories, cards, journals, and a lot more. By patronizing their products, you are helping these communities have a sustainable livelihood.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Buy it: Gifts and Graces Head Office at Unit 131 Mile Long Building, Amorsolo Street, Makati City or visit www.giftsandgraces.com for more details.
2. Water Hyacinth Leather Bound Journal by Jacinto & Lirio for GKonomics (P698)
How it gives back: GKnomics, a Gawad Kalinga (GK) partner in social enterprise development, empowers the poor by involving them in the country’s economic life. It helps build innovative social and business enterprises that harness the wealth of resources in GK communities, both in the Philippines and its vast global network. One of its partners, Jacinto & Lirio, aims to help the environment by clearing out water hyacinths without wasting its potential, thus, they came up with the idea of creating stylish products such as journals and bags. Other GKonomics products include posh candles, woven bags and pouches from around the Philippines, in partnership with various social enterprise groups.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Buy it: Visit their website at http://www.gkonomics.com/shop.php.1 of 5 NEXT
Trending in Summit Network