- Your Health Infectious Disease Doctor Shares How To Protect Your Family If A COVID-19 Pandemic Happens
- Your Kid’s Health Is Your Child's Height and Weight Normal For His Age? What You Need To Know
- Getting Pregnant Could Women Get Pregnant From Swimming In Pools? What's True, What's Not
- Getting Pregnant Pregnant Mom Says She Was Not Allowed On A Plane After Airline Crew's 'Diagnosis'
Join the next Smart Parenting Giveaway and get a chance to win exciting prizes!Join Now
Let Your Child Learn Ninja Moves, Play Drums and More in a Weekend!See which of these will pique your child's interest!by Kitty Elicay .
Learning should never stop — even when it’s summer. The short academic break is when your kids can indulge in their extracurricular activities and develop their natural talents. But if you’re hesitant to enroll your kids in a full course of classes and workshops, have them test the waters with weekend classes where a session usually takes two hours.
Take for example Lucky Chinatown’s batch of summer programs. It includes coloring and sketching, performing arts, and kiddie combat. There's no pre-registration or enrollment required. You just present a Php1,000-single purchase receipt from any of the mall’s establishments.
Here’s what’s in store for your kid, starting April 21:
More from Smart Parenting
1. Caricature Sketching with Caricatures IncADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is an exciting activity for the kid who’s into arts or loves to doodle. The group is known for doing live and on-the-spot caricatures for their clients. It’s a short and sweet session that will unlock your child’s potential and hone his creativity!
Catch this on April 21 and 22. Morning session is at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and afternoon session is at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Chinese Drumbeating with Philippine Ling Nam Athletic FederationADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is the best way to release your child’s pent-up energy. The Philippine Ling Nam is known for their authentic Chinese Lion Dance performances, which includes a very enthusiastic and lively drumbeating. Traditional Chinese drumming involves choreographed music and movement.
Catch this on May 3 and 4. Morning session is from 10 a.m. to 12 nn and the afternoon session is from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
More from Smart Parenting
3. K-Pop Dance with G-ForceADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Dance is another form of creative expression and who better to teach it than celebrity choreographers from the G Force dance group? If your kids have been hit by the Hallyu wave, they can make like their idols and learn some cool moves (and develop their coordination!) in this class.
Catch this workshop on May 4 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Parkour with Ninja AcademyADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
If your kid already loves to climb, jump, and run, then make sure he can do all of this safely with this short workshop by Ninja Academy. Apart from developing your child’s motor skills, parkour can help your child master eye and body coordination and make him stronger, too.
Catch this on May 17 and 18. Morning session starts at 11 a.m. while the afternoon session starts at 2 p.m.
5. Palarong Pinoy Sports with Magna Kultura
Introduce the games you loved to play as a kid to your own child with this session. They’ll get to play classic Pinoy games like luksong lubid, luksong tinik, patintero and more! It’s a great way to foster their love for Filipino culture and it’s the perfect excuse to get the kids moving.
Catch this on May 20 starting at 11 a.m.