Looking for something new to try with the kids? Here are seven spots in Metro Manila where you can give a go at new experiences, make memories with the family, and even learn a new skill or two.
1. Jumping around at Bounce Philippines Php299 for the first hour for adults; P249 for the first hour for kids ages 2 to 5 For kids ages 2 and up
Head to a play place both for kids and adults! Bounce Philippines is a new trampoline park that recently opened in SM Southmall Las Piñas. What makes it special? It has an area just for small kids (2 years old and up), which has a foam pit, slides, an obstacle course and more. For you and your older child to try out together, there’s the trampoline area, climbing walls, a dodgeball and volleyball zone, basketball hoops, and a foam pit, too.
South Tower, Ground Floor, SM Southmall, Las Piñas City. Call 0927-944-2860. Bounce.com.ph
2. Wall climbing at Climb Central Php700 for 1 adult and 1 child (5 to 12 years old) For kids ages 5 up
Love a challenge? Climb Central encourages families to come give climbing a try! They have rate packages especially for adults with kids (who must be at least 5 years old). First-timers are welcome. You'll just have to come in your sports attire with your child (bring socks) and they'll provide you with the equipment set, shoes, and introductory briefing once there. Sound fun? You can also ask about their Introduction for Kids program. Drop off the kids at Climb Central where instructors will supervise and facilitate a climbing session with your kiddo.
3. Archery at The Archery Academy Php550 per head inclusive of equipment For kids ages 9 up
Anyone can try archery, but it does take focus, balance and coordination, and a good amount of discipline to hit that target. How well would you and the kids do? An indoor shooting range, The Archery Academy welcomes first-timers. They will teach you all about archery stance, form, scoring, and gear in a 60-minute introductory session. Make things extra fun and ask for balloons on your target! Call before you drop-by to reserve your slot.
4. Ice skating at SM Mall of Asia Starts at P380 for unlimited skating
You pass by the ice skating rink at the mall, but have you actually tried it? For those new to the ice, SM Skating has skating aids (in the form of cute polar bears!) to help you find your balance. At the new rink at SM Mall of Asia, opened last October and located at the third floor, you can ask to rent sleds too. Don't forget to wear warm clothes!
5. Laser tag at Lazer Maxx P190 per person per game on Mondays to Thursdays; P220 per person per game on Fridays to Sundays For kids ages 7 and up Lazer Maxx may have been around for a few years now, but they've just redesigned their arenas so it's a good time to try laser tag with the kids if you haven't yet. Take a bunch of the cousins along for extra fun and have a kids versus adults battle!
6. An Intramuros bike tour with Bambike P600 for a one hour tour; P1,200 for a group tour lasting 2.5 hours (includes the use of a bike and helmet, entrance fees, and a bottle of water) For kids ages 10 and up (when riding on their own)
Explore the streets of Intramuros with your kiddo by bike — either riding on their own or hitching with you! Bambike Ecotours Instramuros will lead you around the area including the Plaza San Luis Complex, the Baluarte de San Diego Gardens, the Puerta Real Gardens, Plaza Roma, and more. You have the option of touring with a group or have a one hour express tour where you can choose the spots to go to.
Plaza San Luis Complex, Real St. corner General Luna St., Intramuros, Manila. Call 525-8289. Bambike.com
7. Acrobatics at Flying Trapeze Starts at P800 per class For parents and kids ages 6 and up
Here’s something that will get you and your child’s adrenaline going: flying trapeze! You and your brave kiddo can soar through the air with experienced coaches 25 feet off the ground. For first-timers, book a class online and you get one class for free. Are you up for it?
Federacion Drive corner 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Call 0917-242-0331. Trapeze.ph